Chapter One Hundred Three

It took awhile for Kefira to get Neville to calm down as Augusta's reaction upon her arrival had not settled well with the boy. It was one thing to feel pride when it came to being compared to his father and to hear Kefira leave such an impact that it reminded Augusta enough of his mother, it meant the world to him. But at the same time, his grandmother had shown some of her age in those moments, as Kefira didn't look anything like Alice but she couldn't differentiate between the two, and the way she assumed that Alice and Frank would be knowledgeable of Kefira, when they couldn't form new memories and weren't in their right minds. A moment like that, Neville felt like he was being impaled in the chest with the sword of Godric Gryffindor. 

There was the thought that crossed his mind that his grandmother's mind was slipping too and Neville couldn't stand the idea of it. The idea of not only losing his parents but his grandmother, solely due to their minds, it was enough to bring him to tears. But Kefira did have some reassuring words to share. She didn't think Augusta's mind was actually slipping, it was just a moment where the woman had been under a lot of stress. With Death Eaters attacking the school, Voldemort recruiting numbers and attacking, not to mention Dumbledore's death was setting a lot of people into a panic. The last time Augusta was probably faced with such a stressful situation, she had lost her son and daughter-in-law.  

"She'll be fine once she gets some real rest, Neville," Kefira told him as she sat with him near the Entrance Hall. It was Sedi, who volunteered to bring Augusta back to Hogsmeade and get her settled in at the Inn for the evening along with Bandile. Kefira moved Neville inside and with everyone either with their families or hiding away in the dorm rooms, the corridors of the castle were quite empty, giving the two some privacy. 

"I think we're all under a great deal of stress and it's taking a toll on our minds," she continued, " I can't imagine how my parents are acting at home. But now that your grandmother is here and has seen that we're alright, I think she'll be back to her usual self. We just have to get through the funeral together, then our exams, then before we go home, I say we make one stop."

"Where?" Neville asked curiously.

"Well to visit your parents, of course," she said, " I think that will set your mind and her mind at ease. I know you've been worried about them because of ...her. So seeing them might help you and I think it will be good for your grandmother too."

"You really want to do that? You don't have to go-"

Kefira placed her hand over his mouth to stop him. "Every time it's brought up, you try to see if I'll change my mind about going and each time, I tell you it's perfectly fine. When are you going to learn?" She asked him with a small smile. 

"It's just...it's my burden to carry, not yours-"

"You say that as if I see your parents as a burden, Nevs. You know I love being around them. Your father has the best time playing with my curls and I always see it as an honour when your mother presents me with a wrapper. So no, I don't see it as a burden and I know you don't see them as one either. They are your parents and they are wonderful and beautiful people. The only problem I have with visiting St. Mungo's is seeing Lockhart. But seeing as I'm the only fan that comes to visit him somewhat regularly, maybe he'll be happy this time to see him again."

"Well, maybe, but if he calls you that small red-headed demon again, I might have to pop him in the mouth," Neville muttered, bringing her to chuckle. 

"So protective now, aren't you?" Kefira grinned as she leaned into his shoulder. "It'll be alright, Lockhart is the least of our worries. I don't mind being called a red-headed demon, my sisters have called me far worse over the course of our upbringing."