Chapter Sixty Seven

Kefira wasn't sure how she felt about serving detention with Professor Snape that evening. On one hand, she knew she had done nothing wrong in order to receive the detention. She had made it almost a goal of hers to keep out of trouble for the sake of having somewhat of a normal year, even with Voldemort lurking about in the Wizarding World. But on the other hand, there was a part of her that was desperately hoping that the former Potions master was going to give her his usual detentions which would result in some potion-making. While she had initially detested detentions served with the man, she couldn't deny that later one they had been extremely helpful. 

Potions certainly hadn't been a natural talent of hers but it quickly became her strength and it made her proud to think that she had something to hold onto. She figured over the course of time, she had just become a little rusty and now Harry was coming in out of nowhere, stepping into her territory. She needed to gain that territory back and show Harry and the others that they couldn't count her out yet. 

Neville saw no positives in Kefira having detention with the man, furious that Professor Snape had lied just to give the girl detention. He told Kefira that she should have gone to Professor McGonagall and reported it but Kefira refused with her own plan in mind. He didn't like the idea of it at all, Professor Snape had shown that he was an unstable mind and Neville didn't want Kefira around him if she could help it. But he knew that he didn't have a say in the matter, he couldn't control Kefira's actions. No one could, she had been doing things her way for so long, there wasn't a soul in the universe that could suddenly swoop in and change that. 

"Well, you're going down to the dungeons..." Neville said shortly before eight o'clock that evening, knowing that Kefira had to leave shortly. He led her by the hand up the stairs to the boys' dorm to head to his shared room. "I don't want you getting cold."

Kefira smiled as she followed him along and when they entered the dorm, she stood at the foot of his bed, waiting for him to pull out one of his jumpers from his trunk. She was sure that his intentions were to keep her warm while at the same time, a message to Professor Snape to watch his arse or Neville was going to come for him. He handed over one that she hadn't seen before or wore before, leaving Kefira to wonder if it was new.

"I haven't seen this one yet, have you worn it before?" she asked, noting the Gryffindor emblem on the front. It looked slightly worn, raising more questions before she glanced up at him. Neville turned slightly red in the face, bringing her to smile, she knew there was some sort of story behind it.

"I only wore it a couple of times," Neville said," Normally up here in the dorms at night when the nights are really cold. It definitely keeps you warm but...it was my dad's."

She couldn't understand why she didn't think of it before but she was also surprised that he would offer the jumper to her as well. It had to mean a lot to him, especially since it was his father's and Neville treasured anything that had come from his parents. There were times where she could hear him still kicking himself internally for not taking better care of his father's wand.

"Are you sure you want me to wear this, Nevs?" She asked him. "I know this means a lot to you and-"

"It would mean a lot to me if you wore it," he said, " I'll know that you're warm there. I don't know why he wants you to meet in his office when you could have just meant in the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. I-"

"Nevs, I'll be fine," she told him with a smile before she pulled the jumper on. Similar to all the other ones she had worn in the past, it ran big but she knew it would keep her warm. Which is what Neville wanted. Well, truly speaking, he didn't want her to go at all but it was best not to make things worse when it came to Professor Snape.