Chapter Ninety-Five

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Inside the locker room, Ginny was trying to get everyone on the team to cheer up, but no one was really in the mood to hear it. It was awkward enough with the tension between her and Dean from the post-breakup, but to not have their captain because he had done something foolish, well, the odds weren't looking so well in their favour. Among them, Kefira felt the best and most reassured but it had nothing to do with Ginny's pep talk, it all had to do with Neville and the idea of him cheering in the stands. Regardless of how many people showed up, she could always hear him roar louder than anyone else in the crowd and that always brought a smile to her face, even if she was just thinking about it. 

After everyone seemed to be ignoring Ginny, not exactly thrilled with her spending the time defending Harry's name, it was Katie Bell who stood up to speak with everyone.

"Listen," she said cutting Ginny off, "I've been playing with the team the longest and I've seen a lot of changes to the team since I started. Some good, some bad, but it happens with any team, you just have to roll with the punches that are delivered your way. I've been under different captainships, I started with Oliver and now this is Harry's team. He did something stupid and left us during a time where the team would like to rely on their captain. However, with or without him, we are still a team."

Everyone's attention was on her as she continued to speak. "No matter how long you've been playing for the team, you know how this sport works. We don't need Harry here to tell us what we know to do. If you're a Chaser, you score, if you're a Beater you aim those bludgers, if you're the Keeper, you make sure the other Chasers don't score, and if you're the Seeker, you make sure you find the damn snitch. It's not that hard. You don't need loads of fancy plays to play. You all know what to do, so when we get out on the pitch, do what you know. Got it?"

Kefira started off the slow clap before cheering on Katie's words, the rest of the team joined her, as it seemed she had filled them with the confidence they needed. The announcement came shortly after where the teams were being called to enter the pitch and it was time for the match to begin. 

Filling in Harry's position, Ginny shook hands as the captain, she was a Seeker against Cho and Kefira knew that the girl was not a bad seeker at all. It was going to be a tough match but they were ready.

"Oi, Peakes," Kefira called to her Beater companion, "want to make the match more interesting?"

"What did you have in mind, Walsh?"

"Every opponent hit equals one sickle, whoever hits the most, the other has to pay up!" 

"You're mental, woman!"Peakes called back to her with a shake of his head before looking up. "I'm in!"

The two shook on it while on their brooms before the bludgers were released, the whistle was blown and the match started. Instantly, it seemed Katie's words had lit a fire within the Gryffindors because straight off the ground, Demelza was the first to grab the quaffle and she raced off towards the Ravenclaw goals. Dean stayed close to her and when the Ravenclaw chasers finally caught up to steal it from her, she threw it over to him. There must have been some power to her throw as she nearly knocked the boy off his broom when he caught it.