Chapter 21

Some moments in your life, you feel like everything just falls into place. Suddenly you can hear the noises that comes from silence, when you close your eyes, you see colours inside the blackness, you just feel whole. You feel that finally something in this world makes sense.

This is how I feel now. In the arms of my brother. The same brother i didn't know about a few weeks ago.

The same brother my parents abandoned.

"Miss Demi Gornial?" I heard the nurse call my name

"Demi, it's time" he whispers in my ears but i don't wanna let go, I don't wanna risk this, it just feels right.

"Come on let's make sure all this isn't a joke" he said and I nodded.

I needed to know.

So, if you're confused, we're in the hospital, in the laboratory section, waiting for the DNA results.

And now it's time.

I stood up slowly and let him hold my hand and lead us to the the nurse who nodded at her office signing for us to wait for her inside.

**********

"So we're siblings right?" I asked impatiently

The nurse smiled and nodded.

"Yes, my dear, you, miss Demi and Mr Toby here, are siblings" she said assuringly

I let out a sigh of relief and let Toby take me in his arms.

I could feel his chest moving fiercely and I could tell that he, too was crying.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, i'm here.. We're together now" I said in his ears, trying to calm myself with him.

This was just too much, but it was so much right as well.

"I know and i'm thankful" he finally answered.

"Guess i'll have to break Dojy's head" he said through gritted teeth making me laugh

"Oh? I thought it wasn't a big deal" I smiled innocently at him

"Oh shut up" he said and I burst out laughing again

"See? the shit that you said didn't make sense." I said smugly

He smiled sheepishly "yeah, sorry tho.. But you bit the shit out of me so we're even"

"Hell yes, I think it's a sibling code,to hit each other and stuff" I smiled at him

He smiled back and hugged me

"Thank you" he whispered.

"No, thank you, for tolerating all of this. You faced so much things you were't supposed to face as a kid. And all of that is because my mom."

He shook his head.

"Listen up, if there's anyone i'm going to blame it's going to be myself, i'm the one who didn't man up and search for my dad. I'm the one who was scared to confront my dad and i'm the one who made some shit happen in your life without noticing that you were my sister"

"Hey hey, go easy on yourself, and about the shit in my life, don't worry, what you've done is nothing to my actual shitty life" I said and smiled but he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean" he asked

"Oh man" I said

"Demi, i need to know everything about you, I mean, I filled you out on everything I can remember in my life, which wasn't much, i
I'm not oliver twist or something" He said making me laugh again