Chapter 18

"Okay.. So as I told you before, he showed me a video tape and used it to threaten me, he asked me to act as his girlfriend while sleeping with other girls, he used me as a cover for all his disgusting actions, people used to point at me and tell me that I'm a fool, thinking that he's actually cheating on me. The thing is, at that time, I still loved him.. Yes, after all what he's done to me, I still loved him. So imagine knowing that he's having fun with all the girls in school, it was damaging.. Then, one day, he asked me to go visit some of his friends with him, as his girlfriend of course. At first I didn't agree, but unsurprisingly, he threatened me with the tape, so it doesn't look like I have a second choice.

I went with him, it was all cool until I heard a high pitched scream from somewhere inside their house. I panicked, I stood up and began to search for her, but Daniel caught me and sat me back down with threatening look in his eyes. But this time I couldn't surrender to him, so I got out of his grip and ran to the source of the voice to find.."

I took a breath as a tear fell from my eyes

".. Margret, a middle school friend, I used to love her so much.. I found her in her blood, she was injured so hard and there was someone.. Above her, she was getting raped.. In front of me.

I ran to her trying to get that monster off of her but I couldn't, I just couldn't, he was so strong and.. And I was weak, I wish I could save her, I swear I did all I could do, I swear.."

"But this isn't your fault" Ethan said holding my hands

I nodded "just let me complete"

"..Daniel then appeared and yelled at me telling me that I wasn't supposed to see this, I was astonished that he didn't even try to save the girl. Margret kept screaming and screaming pleeding any help, but they all just stood there. After he finished, I found him grabbing a knife. I couldn't say or do anything at that point, it's like my tongue was wrapped to a fucking rock. And then, in a blink of an eye, she was laying there, dead. What hurt me the most was what happened next.. She fixed her eyes at me and smiled. This was the last thing she's done. This was the last time I saw her. And ever since that I had nightmares about her.. It's killing me, the fact that I couldn't do anything to help her." I kept quiet for a minute trying to take my breath as I was breathing hard.

"I don't know how did they cover everything up, and I don't know howa did they get away with that from  the police, all I know is that this was another thing Daniel threatened me with, he told me he was going to tell her family that I killed her, and that his friends were witnesses."

"So.. This is the story" I said hesitantly

"Are you sure that's it?" He said, his eyes digging through mine

"Y-yes" I stuttered

-What the hell Demi focus!! You CAN'T tell him the last part

Okay. Okay.

"Dems, I know that's not it"

"I-"

-THINK THINK THINK

I sighed.

"I'm just not ready"

He sighed and nodded

"Demi, I want you to know that whatever the hell you've been through, I won't let him get near you again, I promise, and although it hurts me to know that you don't trust me enough to tell me what are you thinking, but I can deal with it, as long as that's what'll make you happy. And I promise, I'll take your revenge"

My eyes widened at his last word

"What do you mean?"

"Nah, nothing, hey, aren't you hungry?"

"No, I'm not"

"Dems, you're lying"

I smiled "yes I am"

He laughed and stood up, grabbed my hands and held me into his arms bridal style

"What the.."

"Shh"

"Ethan stop it, leave me right now!" I yelled at him

"No" he said calmly with a bored expression on his face, but amused eyes

"Ethan, don't be a fool you're gonna harm your bloody arms, get me down right now"

"Don't worry about me now, now tell me, why are you wearing the same clothes as yesterday?"

He started walking towards the car with me still in his arms

"Ethan I'm not joking put me down!!" I yelled again

"Answer me first" he smirked

Ugghhhh

"OKAY, LONG STORY SHORT , I HAVE A BROTHER THAT I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT"

I yelled really loud and very quickly that he stopped in his tracks and stared into my eyes with his jaws dropped

"Say that again?"

"You heard me"

"And who is he?"

"I don't know"

He nodded and completed his way to the car

"Aren't you gonna put me down?"

"Nope" he said popping the 'p'

"Ethan!"

"Stop being so dramatic, my arms are just fine, and I bet you don't even wanna stop touching me

I blushed deeply at his words and shut my mouth

He laughed at my reaction

"You're so annoying sometimes" I said 

"And you're so cute all the time" he said

"Duh" I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my shyness

He chuckled and put me down to the ground and opened the car door for me.

I told him everything about what happened yesterday and he was completely silent, just listening in patience

"Here we are!" He said suddenly when we arrived at McDonald's

I glared at him, did he just.. Ignore me?

"Um, I was talking you know" I said

"Yeah, but we're here, come on"

**************************

I'M SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR BEING THAT LATE.

Keep reading, like and comment.

Much love❤