Chapter Eight

Tandi was shocked as hell when some bitch answered Aasiah's phone. That only made her wonder who the bitch was. In all the years that they had been together, she hand never got to even touch his phone let alone answer the bitch. She was hoping that he would be somewhere devastated to the point that he would need her. He fooled the hell out of her.

Terrance had finally set things in motion and was about to set up shop off the money that she had gotten off Aasiah. It wasn't much considering he had shit on lock. It didn't matter because he didn't have shit anyway. Things were finally looking up and she was going to be living the life that she wanted to. As she stood in her little quaint apartment she wondered where the hell Derrick was. 

Things had picked up rather nicely since she had left Aasiah. It seemed like the last few weeks Derrick had been MIA. Something wasn't right because he was always sniffing up her ass. For the moment she wasn't going to worry about it because she knew that he would be back. Just as she kept thinking in the back of her mind that Aasiah would be back. What she didn't know was that neither Aasiah are Derrick would be fucking with her like that anymore. Aasiah was on to a real woman while Derrick was trying to make shit right with his wife. He had a lot to lose.

She was so into her thoughts that she didn't realize that her brother had walked in her apartment. He walked into the living area and stared at her. His sister was grimy as they came and she didn't care who she had to knock down in order to get what she wanted. He had set up shop to make some money flow and he was going to use Tandi to help make shit shake.

"Yo that nigga you was fucking with must have another spot he got that you didn't know about or he living with that bitch that you said answered his phone."

"More than likely his broke ass living off whoever the bitch is." She shrugged.

"So you got all this shit figured out huh?"

"Yes I do."

Terrance shook his head because word on the street that Aasiah had bank and been had bank. The nigga was living in a nice home on the outskirts of Atlanta. His sister was so money hungry that she missed the shit that she should have been paying attention to. First and foremost wasn't a flashy ass nigga and then he worked long hours. Aasiah was more than likely investing his money and money in different accounts that Tandi had no clue about.

"Well since you got it all figured out then I need you to make a couple drops and pick ups."

"No nigga I'm not supposed to be doing all that shit. Where is your little flunky at?"

"Don't worry about that. I just need you to handle this shit. At least you can do that since you couldn't convince that nigga you was with to jump in the game with me. If you could have done that we would be sitting real pretty."

"Shit happens Terrance. Where and what time do you need me to do what you asked?"

"In a couple hours."

Tandi nodded and headed upstairs. She would do what she had to do for the time being. She wanted to be sitting pretty and just blow money. If she played her cards right then she would be doing just that. When Aasiah saw her again he was going to be crawling back after her. She put money on that.

*****

"So what's your story, ma?" Trey asked as he sat across from Janet.

"There is no story. I'm just me and I am who I am."

"Everybody has a story. It may me the beginning, the middle or possibly the end; however you have a story. You may not be ready to open your book for me to read through it, but I can tell that you have a story and one that's filled with pain."  He took a sip of his beer.