Chapter Two

Keri was flaming mad at her dumb as and careless husband. She should have been clocking out, but she had a few last minute things to do before doing so. Just as she turned the corner walking up the long corridor she could hear commotion as team of nurses and doctors swarmed around a patient that had just been airlifted there.

Taking off in a light jog towards the scene she was halted by one of her co-workers. "What are you doing, Janet? She frowned, pushing her goddess locs over her shoulder.

"Keri, I don't think....shit I don't think you need to see what's happening right now." Janet said with sadness in her eyes.

Keri jerked away from Janet to see what the fuck was going on. The closer she the faster her heart rate sped up. Once she recognized the person on the gurney she had to hold to the railing against the wall for support. Hampton laid there with and eye swollen shut and a big gash going across his forehead.

Realization set in when she remembered the argument they had. "Wait! Where are my kids?" She cried hysterically.

The paramedics and the police looked at her with sad expressions. She slowly stepped back shaking her head. "NOOOOOOOO! GOD NOOOOO! NOT MY BABIES!" She let out a gut wrenching scream. Everything around her started moving in slow motion. She drowned out the voices that were speaking to her. In that moment she lost everything that mattered. Keri didn't know if she would be able to go on without her kids.

Through teary eyes a blinded rage took over Keri and she rushed the gurney that Hampton was on. She started pounding on him and took several people to pull her off him. She didn't care if he died. It was more than likely his fault that here babies were gone. 

"YOU SELFISH SON-OF-A-BITCH!! YOU KILLED MY BABIES!" She yelled dropping down to the floor with heartbreaking sobs. The scene was so emotionally that a few staffs shed tears silently. 

Janet and another nurse consoled her right in the middle of the floor. Keri's heart never felt so much pain in all her twenty-seven years. Of course she mourned and hurt when her parents got killed in a plain crash five years ago, but the pain of losing your children was like someone had ripped your heart to shreds. They were so innocent and didn't even get to fully enjoy life. After what seemed like hours of sitting in the same spot crying she finally was moved, but now where she wanted to be.

One of the doctor's order for her to stay in the hospital for a few days. There was no way that he was letting her leave in the condition that she was in. That night she was sedated and was on suicide watch. They were taking all the precautions necessary. For three days Keri laid in the hospital and did nothing but cry. It was struggle when it came to making funeral arrangements. She thanked God for Janet being that she was the god-mother. 

Hampton was listed in critical, but stable condition. Over and over in her mind she kept saying that it should have been his sorry ass. Finding out that he had been drinking and driving made the pain even more worse. That should her that he didn't give a shit about the kids if  he was willing to risk their lives behind his bullshit ass drinking. After hearing that both kids were instantly ejected from the car due to the impact as well as not being properly locked in, in their car seats had her blood boiling.

Her beautiful babies were gone and she would never get to see their beautiful faces again. She felt like she had nothing to live for. Her reason for living was dead and gone. The man that made her life a living hell was still alive like he deserved. For the life of her, Keri couldn't understand why God had taken her kids. There had to be lesson or a reason because her momma always told her that God didn't make any mistakes.

"Lord please help me through this. I can't do this alone."

The door opened to her hospital room and in walked Janet. She was a beautiful woman and she reminded you a little bit of Toya Wright. She had a bubbling personality and a heart of gold. They had been friends since that graduated college. Keri was glad that she had Janet in her corner. Lord knows she was struggling trying to hold it together. All the staff had been there with their well-wishes, kind words and sympathy gifts. She appreciated it, but it did nothing to ease the pain she was feeling.

"Hey, Love." Janet walked further into the room.

"Hey, Janet. Thank you for everything that you've been doing. There is no way that I could have done this without you. Now you really all I have left." A tear escaped.

"Aww boo. No you have the God Almighty. In spite of everything you have the one that holds all power. Never forget that he has you when nobody else has you." Janet pulled her in for a much needed hug.

"Hampton is awake and is asking for you."

"Janet I don't want to talk to him. Hell I don't even want to see his sorry ass." Keri rolled her eyes.

Janet left it alone because she knew that Hampton was on her shit list for more reasons than one. Shit Janet hated the grounds that the nigga walked on. He wasn't shit and his dog ass never would. Janet didn't bother to tell her that Hampton was paralyzed. God didn't like ugly and God made sure to remind Hampton of such. For the rest of the day they talked and shed tears. The hard part was just a few days away and Lord knows that when everything would all become real.

*******

Aasiah was sitting at his desk drinking bottle water as he went down his timeline on Facebook. He noticed everybody talking about a bad wreck that had recently happened not too far from where his condo was. It was sad because two small kids were killed leaving the father injured. He prayed for that family because he knew that was hard pill to swallow. His heart went out to the unknown people.

Trey one of the line leads walked into his office looking like he was really looking fucked up about something. Aasiah rose up and rested his tatted hands on his desk filled with all kinds of paperwork. Trey was one of his best workers and he always made sure he was straight and vice versa.

"What's up, Trey?"

"I don't know if you heard about the bad accident that claimed the life of my lil' cousins and injuring my cousin's no good ass, but I'm going to need to take off for the funeral." Trey ran his hands over his waves.

"Shit no problem. You good my nigga? I was just reading about that shit on the book. Shits sad."

"Yeah it is and I feel so bad for his wife, Keri. She is one of the most sweet, caring and loyal people I know. That fuck nigga she with don't deserve her. In the last year or so he has put her through so much. And now she gotta deal with the lost of her kids," he sighed. "I hope she divorces his sorry ass and finds someone that can love her the way she should be loved." Trey said.

Aasiah new the feeling of having a sorry ass partner. Tandi was a piece of work and he didn't understand how he put up with her for as long as he had. Two abortions she had all because she didn't want to ruin her body and unbeknownst to him one of the babies wasn't his. Tandi was out there living foul in more ways than one. 

"I'm sorry to hea' that shit, man fa' real. You already know I got you. Just go ahead a fill out the time off request and I will put in to HR." Aasiah said.

"Appreciated, bruh."

Aasiah nodded and continued looking over the production schedules. All he could think about was the mother of those two kids. He sent up a silent prayer that God would keep and hold her. Hell he needed God to keep and hold him before he caught a charge fooling with Tandi's retarded ass.

As he was going over the schedule his office door opened again and it was Tandi. He looked at her and wondered what brought her all the way to busiest section of Atlanta. She swore she hated coming out that way because of traffic. He leaned back and waited for what she was about to come with today.

"Hey, bae. I missed you and thought I would come to see you at work today. You know I don't usually like to come out this way." She smiled walking around his desk.

When she was closer Aasiah frowned and roughly gripped her wrist. "The fuck you smell like a whole ass nigga that ain't me, Tandi?"

Oh shit....

Excuse mistakes!

Enjoy!