Chapter Five

Keri stared at Hampton as he spoke about shit that didn't matter to her. She didn't care that he was sorry. Sorry wasn't going to bring her kids back. He could just shut the fuck up. It's funny how he had all those lil bitches and now none of them were around when he needed them. She damn sure wasn't going to do a damn thing. 

"Hampton all the shit that's coming out of your mouth doesn't mean shit to me. The only thing that meant something to me you took away. So save all the other bullshit you talking. Can you bring my kids back? Let's talk about that. No in fact let's talk about why your stupid ass got behind the wheel of a car knowing you were at risk? What you did it to hurt me more? HUH!? I can't here ya ass talking now!" She yelloed as angry tears streamed down her face.

"Keri, I'm so fucking sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I fucked up so bad and I know you may never forgive me, but If I could trade places I would. It should have been me."

"You damn right it should have been your sorry ass. You know what I'm over this shit. You wanted to talk and I gave you that. What I really should have been doing is rolling your ass off this building. Leave me the fuck alone and have a nice life!" 

Keri walked out before she did something she regretted. It had been a couple of months and Aasiah had been awake. He really didn't talk much. He stared off into space. He still had a ways to go, but he was a whole lot better than he was from the beginning. As she made her way to his room she ran into Janet.

"Girl where are you headed?"

"To visit my favorit patient."

"Girl all these young ass thirsty nurses are sweating him. He is fine as hell. And that hair and skin. Lawd Jesus." Janet fanned.

"Girl you're a mess."

"Has that lil' thot been back to see him?"

"Girl since that night I walked up on her I haven't seen her. I'm telling you something is up with her. She hiding something."

"Most ho's are."

Just as Keri was about to respond a nurse from the floor where Aasiah was came rushing to her. She knew something was wrong by the look on her face.

"Nesha, what's wrong?"

"Some detectives just left Aasiah's room and they told him that someone had indeed cut his brake lines. He's asking for you."

Keri didn't waste a second as she headed to him. She had grown close to him even when he was in a coma. She felt like he could use someone in his corner. As soon as she entered his room she saw the tears and her eyes welled with them just that quick.

"Aasiah."

"Why tha' fuck would somebody do some foul shit like that? I'm a good as nigga and I don't fuck with people like that, " he chuckled evilly. "I know that bitch had something to do with this. She been on some grimy shit and as soon as I told her I was done she go and do some shit like this."

"She a dead bitch. That you can bet."

His accent came out so strong. And Lord he sounded so sexy. She walked closer to the bed and grabbed his hand. It felt like electric currents went all through her from the connection. They stared at each other and for a moment they were lost in each other's eyes.

"You've been around everyday?"

"Yes, I have."

"I felt your presence and it gave off nothing but good vibes. Thanks fa' being there. A nigga don't have nobody. My parents' were killed in a home invasion when I was twelve. Shit was rough. I was determined to make something of myself."

"I didn't mind. And thank you for the flowers."

"Flowers? Wh-- oh baybeh I'm sorry. It was you that lost your kids. Ma I'm truly sorry." He squeezed her hand.

Tears cascaded down her face. A total stranger cared more about her than her sorry ass soon to be ex-husband. The pain was so new and having someone that genuinely cared caused the flood gates to open. If Aasiah could have he would have held her. She was so fucking beautiful and whatever she was going through or had gone through, she didn't deserve that shit.

The good people with good hearts get fucked with not vasline and the evil people with black hearts get treated like luxury. Shit was all the way fucked up. She pulled her hand from his and stood in the mirror to clean her face. Aasiah couldn't help but to look at the swell of her fat ass. He felt his dick getting hard. His leg had pins and screws in it and the pain at times was crucial as hell.

Keri turned around and smiled weakly.

"You're beautiful, Keri."

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Keri I can tell you're not used ta' hearing that you are beautiful. Whatever that fuck nigga didn't do a real man will do. And what he did do to hurt you a man will repair that hurt. I know it won't be easy fa' the next man ta' get in, but you're worth the challenge with ya pretty ass." He smirked.

What he really wanted to say was he was that man. In time shit would fall into place. She wasn't ready to accept what he could and would offer. He could tell that she was the type of woman that was worth the world and so much more. He took in the fact that she had been there everyday as in where Tandi's dumbass hadn't. In time she was gone wish she was dead already. She didn't realize how fucking crazy Aasiah was.

Tandi thought he was soft because he wasn't out there doing all that street shit. She would soon see. He had Trey working on some shit, starting with moving into the house that he had just finished building. Tandi didn't know that he had money out the ass. What she didn't know would hurt her because once he got his shit back in order he was coming strong and coming with a strong and beautiful woman in his arm.

"Can you cook?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I want you to cook something fa' me and bring here. This hospital food is terrible as fuck."

"I can do that. Everything is going to workout and Karma is coming like category 3 hurricane."

"Yeah hurricane Aasiah about to be loose in this bitch."

Keri smiled and walked out. As soon as she got to the nursed desk she saw Tandi.

"Can I help you?"

"Why are you always here?"

"You must really want a room in this hospital. If I were you I would be very careful. You better sleep with one eye open."

"Why because your fat ass gone eat me?" 

"Bitch I wouldn't eat you if you were the last supper.  I don't eat shit that's spoiled." She winked

******

Aasiah looked up when her heard his door open. If looks could kill, Tandi would be one dead ass bitch. She walked in the room like she was the baddest bitch in the land. He looked like death a few months ago and now he was looking well. She wasn't expecting to see him doing so well. She had managed to get in his account and he didn't have but twenty thousand in which she cleaned him out.

What she didn't know he had two other accounts with more money than he knew what to do with. He couldn't wait to shit in her face.

"Tandi, you take yo ass right back out that door. The fuck you hear fa'?"

"You are st-"

"Bitch lie if you want to. I'm not your man, friend or nothing."

"Aasiah I-"

"Come here, Tandi."

Like the dummy she was she went to him. Before she could catch her next breath Aasiah gripped her hair and roughly pulled her head down so he could say what he needed to say.

"Don't bring your stupid ass back up here. If you do then prepare to have a room up in this bitch. Keep fucking with me and your body will be rolled to the morgue."

Tandi was shooketh and that's how Aasiah wanted her to be.

Excuse Mistakes!