Chapter Four

Tandi smiled deviously. Her plan was falling into place. All she had to do was figure out how to get into his account. There had to be a way to do so. She hated that she had to go through something so drastic, but sometimes shit has to get dirty in order to make shit shake. Right now she had to go into acting mode she had to play the devastated girlfriend.

All she had to do was wait for someone to call and tell her that Aasiah had been in an accident. While she waited she was about to get the best dick of her life. She left the condo that they once shared and headed to her side niggas spot. Who she was sleeping with was Aasiah's boss. That's why a lot of times Derrick made sure that he worked extra hours just so that they could spend time together. 

She hopped in her car and headed to Derrick's house. She knew that she wouldn't have long before she would get that call. Sadly Derrick had no idea how grimy Tandi was. He was soon going to find out. Every pretty face and good pussy ain't worth the trouble and drama. If only men thought with the right head. As she headed in the direction of Derrick's house she noticed the road was blocked.

Firetrucks, police, and an ambulance was there blocking the road. People had stopped and gotten out of their cars. Instantly she knew that she had come up on the accident. She wondered was he dead or what the fuck was going on. Deciding that she needed to try and turn around to get away from the scene, she backed up and hurried from the scene. Seeing that shit was bad she decided that Derrick had to wait. She had to go talk to her brother, Terrance.

******

It had been a couple of months since the death of Keri's twins. She was taking it one day at a time. Each day was a challenge, but by the grace of God she making it through. Tonight Keri decided to work the night shift for one of her co-workers. She was looking over some paperwork from one of the patient's in the ER. Just as she placed the chart back in the slot; the paramedics rushed someone in. Not wasting a second Keri rushed over along with the attending physician.

"We have a twenty-three year old male with a possible head injury. He has broken ribs and a shattered right femur. There is internal bleeding in the abdominal area. His oxygen level is low and his blood pressure is dropping." One of the paramedics called out as they flew down the hall.

Once they had him in the trauma room, Keri went into nurse mode calling out orders and was busy placing and IV in. Once they had him stable they rushed him to the OR. His spleen had ruptured and with the blood coming from his ears and nose they knew that he was hemorrhaging on the brain.  Then they had to see if they could repair his leg.They needed to relieve the pressure so that it wouldn't cause any damage. Once they had him in the OR Keri came back downstairs.

She removed her latex gloves and threw them in one of the bins. She squirted hand sanitizer on her hands as she walked back down the hall. Her heart went out to the young man. When she got back around the corner she saw two detectives. She frowned wondering why they were there. As she eased by she overheard one of them say that they were waiting on a toxicology report as well as evidence to see if the guys car had been tampered with.

Keri wondered what that shit was about. People just didn't give any fucks about hurting someone. What she knew was that Karma was real. She was talking to one of the other nurses when some girl came in hysterically acting a damn fool.

"Where's Aasiah? I need to see my fiancé."

Keri looked at the woman and instantly she got a bad vibe from her. For one she was full shit. She could spot bullshit from a mile away. Blowing out a frustrated breath she walked over to the woman. "Ma'am are you here for Aasiah Johnson?"

"Yes. Where is he? Is he okay?" Tears streamed down her face.

"He's in surgery and th-"

"Fuck what you're saying, I need to see him right now!" Tandi yelled.

"Are you hard of hearing. I just said he was in surgery, so tell me how you're going to see him?"

"Bi-"

"Lil' girl I'm tired and have worked so many hours I can't see straight. My mental is on 'I don't give a fuck' so chill before you find yourself laid up in one of these hospital beds. Now I understand you are upset, but don't come in here disrespecting me when I haven't disrespected you."

Tandi stared at the nurse like she had lost her mind. It's obvious she was feeling some type of way because she was threatened by her. Hell what woman wouldn't. Tandi smirked as she looked at the wide load in front of her. She would have her moment with her, but right now she had to play nice to make shit look real.

"Look I'm sorry. It's just that I love him so much and I don't know what I would do if I lost him. He's all I have." She began to cry.

"Pray without ceasing. That's what he needs."

"Thank you."

"Now if you want I can take you up to the waiting area where the OR is."

"Thank you once again."

Keri nodded.

Keri knew what it was like to have someone that meant so much to you and it be taken away. Her kids were her everything and that's all she had. Hampton didn't matter. She hadn't went to see him since he was laid up in the hospital. His little feelings were hurt because she had served him with divorce papers. He cried like the bitch that was and Keri didn't give a shit. If she did go see him she may kill his ass.

They finally made up to the OR waiting area. She talked to the receptionist and explained that Tandi was Aasiah's fiancé. What she found odd with the whole thing is she wasn't wearing an engagement ring. Maybe she was living a dream or they had some shit going on. However it wasn't her problem. After making sure things were good there she headed downstairs. She still had a couple hours before she could go home. She couldn't wait because she was dog tired.

******

***one week later***

Since Aasiah had been in the hospital he was in a coma. Keri made sure to check on him. It was obvious he didn't have anyone because from what she was told no one had really been to see him. Trey had because that was his boss. Not only that he was the one that sent the flowers to her when she lost her kids. That said a lot about they type of man he was. He had a pure heart. Even with the swelling in face and the tubes hooked up to him you could tell that he was fine was a good looking man. 

"God kept you here for a reason." Keri whispered.

Just as she was about to walk out Tandi walked in. As soon as she stepped within a foot of Aasiah's bed his machines started beeping like crazy. 

"What's wrong with him?" Tandi frowned.

"I'm going to have to ask you to step outside until we get him stable."

"I'm not go-"

"If you don't get your wanna be Barbie ass out of here, I promise you won't walk out the way you came in. Now go!" Keri yelled.

Other nurses and a doctor walked in pushing Tandi out of the way. She stepped out she looked through the glass and noticed he was calming down. That shit had Tandi wondering why the fuck his machines and shit went off when she walked in. Did he know? She felt it best she stay away for a while. She needed to be getting shit straight so that she could make the moves she wanted. 

She walked around the corner and made a call to Derrick. While she was laughing and telling him that she missed and loved him, she had no idea that Keri was right there listening to her conversation. She knew that she wasn't about shit the first night she met her fake ass. Something was up with her thot-pocket ass. Listening to the shit she was saying to that nigga she knew that she had more miles on her pussy than her BMW. Shit would come to the light soon.

"Be careful because there are eyes and ears everywhere." Keri said

Oh shit! What did she hear?

Excuse Mistakes!