Chapter Twenty-Seven

•••[A/N]Here's a huge warning because

•••
[A/N]
Here's a huge warning because... racial slurs and all that mess. Racism, just there.

•••

As any student can tell you: the closer you get to winter break, the more restraint one must put on themselves to not fight everyone in sight. Especially the last day before break officially starts, everything around you just seeming to piss you off just because you want to go home more than you want to sit in class. In my honest opinion, school is the most irritating thing that has ever been invented.

"My beautiful girl." Daniel whispers as he wraps his arms around me in the art room, getting paint on my shirt.

Okay so maybe school isn't all that bad.

"Hands to yourself Daniel." Mr. Metro yells from across the room.

Back to hating everything.

Daniel reluctantly slides off of me and sits in his assigned seat, placing his hand in red paint of slapping it on the paper. As seniors in high school, we decided that we wanted our final art project to be finger painting. Throughout the entire year, we have had more sophisticated and mature art works due, but we wanted things to end on a happier note. In a way, I feel like everything should end on a happier note.

To end something on a happy note, it allows one to be content. You don't have a heavy weight just sitting on your chest. You don't constantly go through what went wrong, what should have been different, what you should have done. Instead, it's just eased from your being and you can move on.

I didn't get the happy ending with my dad. He was literally ripped from my life and I didn't get to talk to him for years. I was struggling for so long, not being able to feel whole again. In a way, I still don't. However, now I at least get the chance to not feel so empty. Daniel, Adam, Chris, Ariel, my family, they all contributed to helping me be more of myself than I ever have been before.

Happy endings are the best endings.

The bell rings and Mr. Metro stands before the class. Feigning sad, he starts to speak.

"Now class, this will be the last time you'll ever be in my class. I know you'll miss me because who wouldn't? Now get out." He says before turning around and sitting back at his desk.

I smile and clean up my area with Ariel, putting cups of paint away. Before leaving, we wash the paint off of our hands and say one last goodbye to our beloved art teacher.

Daniel puts his arm around me and smiles, his brown hair tousled a bit, yet still cute.

"Just a few more classes and we're outta this bitch." Ariel grumbles, pushing hair out of her face and frowning. I agree with her, I haven't been this tired in a while. Being a senior in high school is absolutely draining. Between keeping up grades in school and getting ready to go to college in a few months, energy is damn near impossible to obtain and sustain.