Chapter Twenty-Four

Daniel's P.O.V.

•••

[A/N]
Before we get started, yes I'm aware that my book is PG-13... but this chapter, lets call it very PG-13. Notice how it's not rated R, just on the higher end of PG-13. Cool? Cool.

•••

"I love you." Nida cries.

Everything around me stopped. I couldn't hear anything except the blood pumping in my ears. I couldn't feel anything, not even my heart because it stopped beating. For a moment, I couldn't even breathe. Three words, eight letters, one sentence caused all my senses to cease.

I knew I loved Nida. I knew it like I knew my own name. Pinpointing the specific moment when I knew for a fact that I loved her is impossible, because I feel as if I always have. Ever since I met her, she struck me as different. No one in the school ever told me off, especially not a girl. So for Nida to walk in on the first day of school, a new student with no experience in the state, and to yell at me was wildly different from my everyday life. I'm used to getting what I want, when I want but she made me fight for her. More so, she made me want to fight for her.

Nida made me want to learn everything about her: where's she from, her favorite color, her favorite food, everything. It took months for her to fully open up to me, and I was okay with waiting. She's worth every single second of the wait. While I still don't know everything about her, I'm confident we'll have the time to fill in those gaps.

Nida is absolutely perfect. She's gorgeous, smart, responsible. Nida is all I have ever wanted in life and more. The most perfect girl in the world loves me.

I freeze, her still in between my arms, unable to move or do anything. What snaps me from my haze is a loud sob coming from her into my chest, her gripping my shirt even tighter and pulls herself closer to me. Nida turns her head so that her ear is resting against my heart. Suddenly, my heart goes from not beating at all to erratic pumping. A deep breath passes my lips before I move my hands to her hair. The silky strands finds itself between my fingers as I run my fingers through it, in my best attempts to comfort her. The only sound in the room is her crying.

"Please Daniel, please say something." Nida whimpers, her voice quiet and pleading. My hands move from her hair to her shoulders.

"Look at me, baby." I instruct softly. Nida whimpers again before shakings her head slightly.

"No. I'm such a mess." My heart aches at her words, but I continue to persist.

"Please Nida." I say again. Slowly but surely, Nida peels herself from my chest, however I can't see her face, as a curtain of hair hides it. Bringing my hand up, I tuck her midnight hair behind her ear and gently lift her head so our eyes meet.

Her eyes are unbelievably red, puffy also. Normally when she cries, her face becomes pale except for around her eyes, this time being the same. She nibbles on her bottom lip, looking up at me with glossed over eyes. Caressing her cheek, I tell her exactly how I feel.

"You have no idea how much I fucking love you, Nida. It hurts how much I love and need you." Nida's eyebrows knit together.

"Need me?" She asks. It comes out as more of a whisper, but she looks at me as if she doesn't believe me. "You don't need me. You already have everything you need. Money, knowledge, friends. You don't need me." Nida declares, looking down once more.