Chapter Five

Ever since Ariel and I went to the movies with Chris, Adam, and Daniel, history class has gotten so much better. I mean, I still do 99% of the research but I'm just happy that he's here. I don't get points taken off for him not being present anymore. I also am having more fun in the class now that I don't hate him. We aren't considered friends or anything, but I wouldn't say that we aren't close to the title. We joke around and talk sometimes. Art class got better as well, now that I have more people to talk to than Ariel. Don't get me wrong, Ariel is probably my favorite person in Ohio that isn't my family, but the more the merrier. We aren't on the level where we're sitting at each other's lunch tables, I couldn't hang out with him that much as annoying as he can be. Not to mention all the girls that come up to us during history and art who are shamelessly flirting with him and Adam; trust me that's annoying.

It's one girl in particular that has the irritating tendency to heavily flirt with Daniel: Kasey Sims. She has this long blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. Kasey is literally perfection to Americans. If she was older, she would be a Victoria's Secret model. She's in our history class and she sits one table away from Daniel and I. But every time the teacher is gone or isn't checking to see if we're actually doing our work, she gets up and walks away from her partner and flirts with Daniel.

That happens to be the case right now, Kasey has her hand on my table while she bats her eyelashes and twirls her hair while talking to Daniel.

"So Daniel, there's a party at Tasha's house tonight. You're coming, right?" She queries in her slightly high pitched voice, tossing a lock of her hair over her shoulder. Kasey's shirt is a very low V-neck, which almost totally exposes her boobs. I'm guessing that was her goal. How can girls do that? Just why do they think it's a good idea to flaunt their bodies around and sleep with anything that's breathing? Not just girls; guys too! What happened to only having sex with people who you really care about, love even. Not just having sex for the fun of it. Humans are confusing.

Daniel's brown eyes find her blue ones as they engross themselves into a conversation about Tasha's party and who's going and how drunk people get at her parties. I sigh internally and research a little more about the Jew's meals and living conditions in concentration camps. This time in history was absolutely awful incase you were wondering. Hitler really had it out for anyone who didn't fit his description of a perfect human being.

"I'll definitely be there and it will be a lot more fun if you come Daniel." Kasey persuades with a wink and it takes all of me not to cringe. With an eye roll, I continue to write some more notes.

"Is that so?" He says and she nods seductively and bites her lip. Daniel arches a brow and gives her a single head nod. "I'll go if Nida goes." I drop my pencil and look at him with wide eyes. I have never been much of a party person, mostly because I couldn't go. I've been to at least one in my whole life, but let's not even get into that story. The point is that I can't go to a party. Especially since my curfew is 10 and that's when most parties start. And the fact that he just says my name and volunteers to go is so unfair.

"What?" I stutter.

"What?!" Kasey snaps, noticeably pissed off. A scowl finds itself on her face as she looks at me with death in her eyes. You can tell that she's jealous that Daniel will go if I do and it's not enough that she's going. Even so, I don't care. I will not go to that party. Even if I could convince my mother to let me go, I honestly don't want to.

"You heard me. Nida, wanna go?" Daniel repeats, turning his body so he can look at me. My eyes go from Daniel to Kasey, who is radiating anger, and then back to Daniel who is surprisingly calm for a man who just pissed a girl off. If I know anything about anything, I know that you need to be very scared after making a girl angry. Females can be ruthless! Daniel just grins at me.