Chapter 7 - A little Aria knowledge

En başından başla

"Well you must have because I heard you."

"Uh huh." I was still unconvinced. I knew I didn't say it out loud. I was positive I didn't. That could only mean one thing.

"Why do you look like a raccoon on crack? And are we going to stand around here all day?"

She's even more miserable on her home planet. Hopefully we can deal with this issue soon and get the hell out of here. The weather was already getting to me. It was too damn hot.

The car finally came, and we got in.

"Is this necessary? Couldn't you have been a little low key?"

"I'm a king and you're my queen. Although it doesn't seem that big of a deal on Atron, it is here. It's also necessary for the Dronians to know that."

"Are you belittling my planet now?"

"What? No, I'm not."

"Of course you are. Why is it necessary? Because Atron is better than Dronan?"

"No because Dronan is dependent on Atron. We protect you. Do you know how many of our witches are sent to the outer borders of your planet every month? Where do you think they come from? Surely not Dronan. They have families and yet they get sent out on patrol to protect your planet. The witches from Atron are the ones who protect Dronan from malicious attacks. This is just an act of gratitude. I didn't ask for the car. It was sent." I'm a little disappointed that Aria would think that way about me and our planet. Both kingdoms on planet Atron have been protecting planet Dronan and any other planets that have been targeted by the poachers. It has been that way for centuries.

"Whatever. It would have been good if no one knew we were here."

"No one except the queen knows we are here. I think she's your cousin to be exact."

"My cousin? The only cousin I know is Royann, and last time I checked she wasn't even on Dronan. She was travelling the planets or something of the sorts. Royann? When did she become queen?"

"A few months ago. She was summoned home because her father had gotten ill. You didn't know?"

"I had no idea."

"I'm sure he's probably recovered by now. But anyway, the car was sent for us by her. Just to make it clear, I did not request it."

We were pretty much quiet for the rest of the drive. She was probably sulking, because in her mind I undermined her home planet, but I spoke nothing but the truth. The fact is, Dronan is dependent on Atron and will always be.

"We're here."

"What the hell is that?"

"It's where we'll be staying."

"That's a frickin' house."

"The queen loaned it to us."

"The queen? Royann? Tell her to take it back. It's too fucking big for us."

"Aria."

"No, Zane. We are not staying here. If you want to stay in a house, stay in my old house. It's ridiculous to stay in a place this big."

I sighed. Why was she being so difficult?

"It's just a house, Aria."

"You can stay here if you want, but I'm not going to. If the queen has a problem she can take it up with me."

She was so difficult. Maybe it was the air on this planet that's making her more miserable than usual.

"Okay, I'll organize the arrangements."