Now, looking up, I see that it only takes Zeke a few seconds to jump over the fence and down onto the floor. He doesn't bother helping me since I am now an independent badass (he has trained me well) and instead runs into school to turn off the alarms.

I jump over and am just wiping myself down when four feet line up in front of me. I gradually look up, fear clear in my expression, to see Myles and James grinning from ear to ear.

"HAYLEY-BOO!" Myles throws his arms around me and his wannabe brother piles on top of us.

I'm about to suffocate when we hear a high pitch voice.

"Ouch... shit... GUYS DON'T JUST STAND THERE IT IS FRICKIN HARD TO CLIMB OVER SEVEN FOOT FENCES IN HEELS!"

Enter Rebecca Carson.

Myles and James laugh as they share a glance.

"Should we help her?" James ponders teasingly as he looks up at Rebecca who is about to suffer from a painful wedgie with one of her heals about to snap in the wire fence.

"Hmm I think she'll do fine on her own.." Myles responds but I shake my head and push them forward.

Rebecca needs all the help she can get without Mace by her side.

I only found out that he'd be leaving two weeks after prom, but I had a feeling Rebecca already knew.

When Mace left she didn't cry. She didn't kiss him or ask him to stay. She didn't do any of the things my crazy, loved-up Rebecca Carson would do. Instead Mace and her hugged and said their goodbyes verbally. Mace looked so heartbroken when he cast a final glance towards Rebecca's unfazed features, but my girl didn't budge.

The reaction he was probably expecting came a few days later when his girlfriend came over for one of our usual eating-no-sleeping sleepovers. With the help of a bottle of wine and some heart-shaped chocolates, Rebecca finally poured her heart out amongst tears and cries.

It didn't last long though, as her sorrow was soon defeated by determination. She would not cry anymore. She would not miss him.

Meanwhile Mace was modelling in Italy with all the other gods and goddesses of the world. His social media is full of snaps of his recent shoots and escapades and a few topless photos to tempt the eyes of his adoring fans. Who there are hundreds of thousands of, by the way. On all of his photos are comments saying "MY BABY IS SO HOT!!" or "he better not have a gf cus no one is gd enough for this guy." and replies exclaiming, "excuse me I definitely am @mace.is.my.life !!!"

Rebecca doesn't see any of these comments however. In fact, she doesn't see any of the photos at all since she turned off all notifications concerning Mace. She doesn't want to be reminded of him; the loving, humorous, charismatic boyfriend of hers whom she shared this passionate, undivided love with.

Although I'm not surprised when she gets strange follow requests from @thisisnotmace and @gerald174928 that she doesn't just let him into her life again.

I know she won't be able to block him out forever.

I'm brought down to Earth when Zeke's fingers brush mine as he stands beside me, looking out over the school field. I grasp his large hand with my small one as he kisses the top of my head.