[4] Date pt 1: Three Dates in one Evening

Hola,

So I love this part, it is one of my favs :)
The picture attached made me laugh, as it is Zeke Westley being the typical popular badass without me having to write his script for him.

xo

*^*^*

After having my chocolate eating/movie watching fest, I get ready to crash Dillon's date.

Because that's how much of a nice friend I am.

I put on one of my favourite outfits- a burgundy mini skirt and leather jacket- and gather my phone and the love letter (which I have now folded up and sealed with a gorgeous red ribbon) into my handbag. I don't bother bringing my keys because my mom will be in all evening.

I slip downstairs to see my mum standing there with her arms crossed.

"Where are you going, young lady?" She asks, her eyes narrowed.

I feel judged.

"Out. I'm just seeing some friends."

Wait a minute- did I just call them friends? Wow.

"Well don't come back too late. I'm out tonight, so you got your keys?"

"Erm..." I lean over and grab my house key off the side and shove it in my bag. "Yes I have. Where are you going out?" She blushes and I suddenly realise that she is dressed like she is going on a— "Mum, are you going on a date?!"

She rolls her eyes at me. "What? Just because I'm your mother at a grand age of 45, I'm not allowed to go on dates?"

"So you are!"

"What?"

"Going on a date."

"Yeah?"

I squeal. "I'm so happy for you mom! Is he a nice guy?"

She shrugs. "I don't know- it's a blind date."

Oh hell nah.

At this my smile drops. "But that means he could be horrible! Or worse... He could be like–"

"Hayley, listen. Not all men are the same. There are loads in the world and people have got on with them for centuries. Your father was one in a billion and I would never like someone like him again."

I nod and give my mum a small hug. "Love you mom."

"Love you too."

Suddenly I notice a face peering through my window and my gaze turns stone cold when I realise who it is. I run out of the door to find Mace casually lurking  on the driveway.

I glare at him. "Mace?! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Zeke asked me to check that you were sorted or something. He wants to arrive exactly on time for some reason and wants you to be ready."

A shy smile spreads across my face at the fact that Zeke is actually going to try and arrive on time but I freeze up when I realise what Mace could have heard. "Did you hear our conversation?" I threaten.

"Woah, Bitch, don't get so angry all of a sudden." Mace tries to come towards me but I push him away.

"What did you hear?" I ask coldly.

"Nothing." He replies sheepishly.

"Mace. What did you hear?" I demand again, with even more deadly venom laced in my voice.