Chapter 24

Walking around the school with someone by his side was much more refreshing than he had expected

Walking around the school with someone by his side was much more refreshing than he had expected. Being able to kiss someone everyday was nice too... but it felt cold. It felt wrong for some reason, he was in love for sure. But... something was awfully off. His dreams kept looping around, it's been a few days. Draco was seeing Harry less and less - their week in Slytherin was almost over and he had been taking turns with Harry to bring Harco to class.

Draco hasn't been sleeping well at all. His dreams were just of Harry crying and waking up crying, Pansy talking but she had Harry's voice and the worse one - where Pansy had killed Potter. It was... it was awful nonetheless and frankly, Draco was avoiding sleep because of it. Greg has been giving him glares lately and Blaise has also been avoiding him, what did he do wrong?

"Draco? Draco. You're ignoring me again." Pansy sighed. "Am I not interesting?"

"No, no, why would you ever not be interesting? I'm just a little out of it today." Draco kissed Pansy on the forehead even though for some strange reason he felt slightly disgusted each time he touched Pansy - as if he was touching the wrong person. It was just an odd sensation, his heart swells at the thought of Pansy, he loves Pansy but... at the same time he don't. Like, there's something else.

"You need sleep, I know you've been avoiding sleep. Potter told me." Pansy pouted, gently stroking his dulled cheeks with her thumb.

"Potter told you? He's asleep when I'm around. Besides, when does he ever talk to you?" Draco lifted an eyebrow. Most of the time, Harry slept before Draco even returned to the room. These past few days even Harco has been awfully cold to him, what was happening? Besides, why would Potter tell Pansy all these things? The thought of Potter caring somehow made Draco feel warm... happy?

"Really? Because he said you rarely sleep until around early morning these days. He also said that you try to spend as much time in the dining hall as possible. I thought you were just getting seconds?" Pansy frowned, she seemed like the one doused in love potion instead of Draco. She obviously avoided the last question. Draco sighed, trying to decipher what was wrong with him. Was it because he was on a love potion? No... this strong feeling towards Pansy can't just be because of the love potion. It just feels like his love had been awakened.

"I... Yeah, it's fine. You don't have to worry though. I'll be off to potions now, bye, love." Draco pecks her cheekbones before leaving.

Heading into Potions, Harry looked at him for a moment before turning away. What was his deal? He looks as if he saw someone he hates... actually, he looked awful too. Draco rolled his eyes before looking at what their tasked with today. A love potion antidote? Ironic but it probably won't work, because his love for Pansy was real. He knows whose sick humour this was already, Draco must admit; Harry was pretty good at acting.

"Potter, did you sneak this onto my table? Sorry, but it won't work." Draco scoffed, holding up the book. Harry gave him a confused frown, his nose crinkled slightly as his lips parted slightly as if wanting to retort.

"No? Why would it work? You're not under a love potion... are you?" Harry's eyes widened slightly, it all makes sense now. Draco... Draco's sudden obsession and love for Pansy was because he was under the influences of a love spell! A beam of hope shone so brightly in his heart that he felt like colour was coming back to his cheeks all those sleepless nights he had spent with Draco, trying to figure out what he was thinking. Without realising, a smile had crept over Harry's face.

"Are you smiling? It doesn't matter if I take the antidote or not, I love her!" Harry gulped, his heart ached a bit each time Draco declared his love so eagerly. Hoping it was his name he was shouting instead.

"Really? Prove it. Drink the antidote." Harry challenged, he was truly hoping this would work. Everyone deserved a second chance at everything, he was willing to give this a second chance.

"Prove it? I don't need to prove it to you, Potter." Draco rolled his eyes. "I'll still make the potion anyways." He says as he set it down. He still needed those 'O's in his report card. Potter looked away, slightly disappointed. This was going to drag onto God knows how long, Pansy is a Slytherin, she won't go down easy.

"Alright then." Harry mumbles, wrecking his brain to think of another way into coercing Draco into doing something.

After half an hour, everyone was filling their vial with the Love Potion Antidote. It was not long after Mr Slughorn had dismissed everyone that Harry walked up to him, his vial in hand.

"Ah, Mr Potter. How may I help you this evening?" Mr Slughorn flashes a welcoming smile at Harry.

"Sir... what happens if... someone is aware they are under a love spell?" Harry fidgeted awkwardly with the tiny bottle in his hand.

"Well, that's a rare incidence then, but it's not entirely impossible. They will still be convinced that their feelings are genuine but they can get out of the thing themselves if they fancies another." Mr Slughorn nods to himself. "Otherwise, you can always make them take an antidote potion." He shrugged.

"Right. Thank you, professor." Harry bows curtly as he begins to leave when he was stopped by the teacher.

"Mr Potter, I'm sure you are aware about how violent people can be when influenced under love potions and confronted, you should ask for back up if you are confronting a friend under a love potion." Professor Slughorn warns with a serious voice. Gulping, Harry reluctantly nods before he leave the room, a death grip on his satchel.

Luckily, Professor didn't realise Harry had snuck the antidote in his robe.