Chapter 23

"I

"I... I'm so sorry." Harry stuttered as he picked up the sandwiches. His heart just shattered so loudly, he was sure Ron and Hermione could've heard it in the Gryffindor common room. Immediately, he runs into the room and buries his head in the soft pillows. Imagining it was Draco's arms that held him, he wished he wasn't so foolish as to think that Draco would've liked him - that he was gay just like Harry could be. Of course he'd be with Pansy, did he really believe Draco would just open up about his love life to Harry?

They were just project partners.

Draco's eyes opened slowly and immediately fell on Pansy's.

"Oh my God, you... are so... ridiculously beautiful. Why are you crying?" Draco chuckled as he peppered kisses over Pansy's eyes who let out a hoarse chuckle; she really didn't think it was going to be this easy. Harry's throat ran dry, hearing his voice, thinking it was him that he was talking to, how pathetic. He could never have that kind of relationship with Draco - ever. As if he was ever going to be with a muggle-born wizard, let alone a male muggle-born.

"Go to sleep, love. I'll see you tomorrow." He hears Draco bid Pansy goodbye and shortly after, the door creaks open. Draco's heart was swelling at the thought of Pansy, all he could think about was how there were streaks of gold in her hair and how it smelled like... apple and cinnamon... and dirt?

"Potter? Are you asleep?" Draco says in a hushed voice as he closed the door. Harry quickly wipes away his tears on his sleeve. "Ah, I didn't mean to disturb you. I just needed to talk to someone about.... Pansy." He says in a breathless manner.

"S-sure." Harry reluctantly says, he didn't know why he didn't say 'No' or said some sort of witty remark and he regrets not saying 'no'.

"I can't believe I've never seen how beautiful she was." Draco sighs. "Have you seen her eyes? They have bits of green in them... She's just so amazing. Her insults are hilarious too." Draco chuckles to himself as Harry feels his heart being prickled with each praise he preaches about Pansy.

It was torture.

But the worst part was that Draco was attracted to the features Harry also had. Brown hair, green eyes... smelling like apples? Perhaps it was Harry's jealousy kicking in... probably. He looked very happy with Pansy. Without realising, Draco had trailed off and Harry's tears were flowing down his pink tinted cheeks which were puffy, his lips were in a pouty arc.

"What's wrong, Potter?... Grown soft?" Draco awkwardly says, not knowing how to cope with Harry's crying. Especially not realising how much his heart was breaking with each tear that was shed, he couldn't understand why he was so sad and empathising with Potter. It was almost as if Draco was heartbroken too. "...Why are you crying?" He forced himself to ask, his voice concerned and strained, awfully forced but at the same time natural to hear.

"Stop it. Your concerned voice, your eyes. It's too much." Harry frustratedly shouts at Draco, wiping his snot and his tears away with the sleeves of his sweater.

"What?" "Stop it! Stop concerning yourself with me. You'll... you'll make me misunderstand." Harry sobbed as he tossed himself onto the bed and turned away from Draco. An immense pain shot through his heart as he sees Harry so upset... at him. Harco was even on Harry's side today, walking onto his bed and cuddling with him instead of sleeping in the middle as always.

Misunderstand? Harry basically confessed to him. What an idiot, why did he say that? While Harry was mentally beating himself up, Draco went ahead and continued to read Romeo and Juliet, he has never cared for Harry for years and he won't start. Not now.

After a sleepless night, the morning rays finally greet Harry. His eyes puffed and was purple from all the crying he did, his heart on the other hand was much worse than his appearance. It felt as if it was ripped out of his chest and eaten live by Pansy Parkinson. Brushing his teeth, he tiredly gazed into his own eyes, those pathetically defeated eyes. Not once would he ever get what he wants, will he?

Rinsing his mouth, he walks back into the dorm reluctantly. As usual, Draco was still soundly asleep, his lips were chapped and his eyelashes had dust on them but it didn't matter because no matter how hard Harry tried to hate it, he still thought that Draco looked angelic. He was basically glowing with his translucent porcelain skin and his snow-like hair, it was so thin it looked as if it was candy floss. Or if one might even call it fairy floss. Right; he was a fairy, a creature whose glow was ever so dim, ever so hardly appreciated and ever so hard to meet. A beautiful fairy who sat at the top of the tower like a princess, and a peasant who was tricked into thinking that they were the prince to save them.

"Pathetic." Harry muttered to himself before scurrying off with Harco in his arms. Opening the door, he was confronted with a smug Pansy

"Oh swell, Mr Potter. The new fag in town. Sorry, Draco's taken, sweetheart." Pansy says in a smugly shrill voice. Her spiny words burrowed its way under Harry's skin as his eyes widened in horror. She knew. She knew and she did this. Why? In spite? To prove she had more power? Why?

"Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not a fag, even if I was Draco would be the last person I'd fancy." Harry mustered his best voice but it still shook slightly. But it was good enough just to let it slide past Pansy's nose. Perhaps Pansy just assumed it, maybe she wasn't sure and Harry still had a chance, a glimpse of hope to get his shit together before anything unwanted spreads. Her eyebrows furrowed and with a scoff, she slid herself into Draco's room.

"Wait, what? Hey! You're not supposed to be in the-" Harry was cut short.

"Good morning." He heard Draco groan, a fresh smile as he sweetly kissed Pansy and immediately his lips sealed tightly together into a thin line as his throat went sickly dry. Did Harry do something wrong in his past life to receive this horrible punishment?

"Oh, hi Potter. Don't over-feed Harco again please." Draco chuckled as he waved drowsily at Harry, his cute smile was making his heart swell but the arm that wrapped around Pansy's waist cut his heart in half.

"Hi, Malfoy. I won't."