Chapter 18

Draco stopped at a random field

Draco stopped at a random field. Suddenly, he cringes as he remembers where this is; this is where Buckbeak had attacked him. Draco has never in his life felt so humiliated by Blaise; his gay teases always went out of hand but somehow Harry watching them amplified it by a few hundred times. Why did he care what Harry thought about him? Was it because they've been competing for years with each other and being so vulnerable in front of Harry made him feel uncomfortable? Yes, that must be it. Otherwise, Merlin knows why Draco has become so 13 year old muggle girl-like in the past few days.

Sitting down, he is kind of dizzy as he hasn't used the Dark Magic form of transportation in a while; in fact he hasn't even been using very powerful Magic in a while ever since the war. Mostly because of his Azkaban warning, but also because he was scared. Draco sighed, he hated confronting his feeling. Resting his back and head on a tree, he stares at the area where Buckbeak had attacked him. It's been a while, they've come such a long way. He's come such a long way.

Just then, a loud screech was heard and above him hovered a gigantic griffon. He curled up, holding his head as he feels the rough wind against his head; looking downwards, his wand caught his sight. Immediately, he grabs his wand, but alas, the bird had landed already. Those ember eyes - Harco? Before he knew it, the bird came sprinting towards him. Shutting his eyes tight, he expected to be rammed into the tree but instead he received fairly rough pounce.

"Harco!" He smiled as he opened his eyes, holding up the small bird. Before he knew it, a tear had trickled down his cheek. So this was why muggles and wizards love companions so much - the unconditional love they gave to them was just wonderful. Right as he was hugging Harco, he hears a bloodcurdling shriek and out came tumbling Harry and his broom.

"I thought you were a quidditch player, that was some horrible broom skills." Draco snorted, wiping his tears away upon Harry coming into view. As soon as Harry got up, he ran towards Draco and pulled him into a warm embrace. "What the hell, Potter? You've grown soft." Draco chortled despite holding back his tears, Potter truly was a dog; such a compassionate being.

"Are you okay?" He said in a low hum, sending shivers down Draco's spine. Such sincerity, Harry was going to make Draco soft like him.

"Of course I am! I just needed some space and Blaise was obviously not going to give me any." Draco said, mustering his best smug voice.

"Are you and Blaise always... that close?" Harry pulled away as he feel Harco struggle against their chests.

"I guess? I never thought of it as anything though." Draco shrugged, kind of missing the warmth from Harry. "Also, I didn't know Harco could grow that big. And I think I've got a bunch of splinters." He laughed awkwardly as he held out his hand.

"Repairo!" Harry whipped out his wand from thin air and pointed it at Draco's reddened palms. Slowly, the prickles started emerging from Draco's hands - which looked absolutely repulsive. The entire time, Draco was grunting and making hilarious faces that Harry couldn't help but laugh at.

"You're so cruel, Potter! How can you laugh at this?!" Draco shrieks as he holds his hands up close to Harry's face as he bursts out laughing harder.

"You look hilarious, though!" Harry rolls over, laughing.

"You're such an arse!" Draco chuckled as he watches Harry roll all over the place.

"I'm sorry! I can't help myself." Harry wipes a tear as he struggles to sit up to face Draco. They stay cheery mates for a while before Harry looked back at the limp broom behind him. Tilting his head, "Get on the broom?" he asked in an unsure voice.

"Not after that landing, no. I'm driving." Draco grumbled, shuddering at the memory of Harry being sent flying past him being followed by a broom shortly after. Getting up, he dusted off his pants before holding his palm out, "Up." He called out and shortly after the broom was in his hand.

"Don't forget I save your arse on a broom once, Malfoy." Harry smugly says as he watches Draco get on the broom with ease. Getting up himself, he waddles over to where Draco was.

"That was one time and we also had a rough landing then." Draco lifted his legs off the ground as Harry climbed on. Harco stretched out his wings and became enormous again, flying alongside Draco, it was rather nice to fly slowly, Harry noted.

Getting back to Hogwarts, they had little to no time to eat before they had to fly off to class. Harry caught up with Hermione, who had a horned serpent wrapped around her shoulders.

"Don't ask; Pansy had transfigured it." Hermione groaned as soon as she sees Harry's dumbfounded face.

"Don't look at it like that, I'd say it's rather cute." Harry smiled at the serpent who was flicking its tongue back and forth. Hermione rolled her eyes; Ron said that too.

"Yeah, cute until you see it eating a rat whole." Hermione's nose crinkled up as she says this. Harry's does too.