Chapter 8

Harry waved Draco goodbye as they entered school, Draco was more open and easy going than Harry had expected

Harry waved Draco goodbye as they entered school, Draco was more open and easy going than Harry had expected. Perhaps both their guards has been so up for the past 7 years that they've never realized how they were so similar. Then, he also realized that they could've gone to divination together but instead here he was smiling to himself like an idiot. For the first time, he's felt good that he made a new friend.

Sitting down next to Hermione, she finally looks up from her book.

"Harry, you look happy." She smiled as she sees his sheepish smile.

"Happy? I'm okay, I guess." He cheered Draco up, he also became his friend. Well, technically they've been friends for a while now.

"You're giggling." "No, I'm not, Hermione." Harry couldn't help but chuckle. Hermione raised an eyebrow as she leaned back a bit.

"Tell me now or I'll make you drink truth serum later."

"Fine, fine! I cheered Malfoy up."

"Really? Did you cheer him up or did he cheer you up?" Her eyebrow went even higher, so high it might be kissing her hairline.

"I cheered him up." Harry smiled to himself as he picks up his books. Draco sat in the back seat with Blaise who was joking around with him. It was peaceful. For the first time in a while, Draco could walk down the halls without hearing murmurs of 'Death Eater' or 'Lucius Malfoy', perhaps it was finally dying down. Blaise was trying to find Greg who was sulking before Draco does and piss him off even more.

"Malfoy!" Harry called out to the lone figure wearing the oh so familiar green robe.

"Potter, Granger." He turns around, nodding curtly at the two. "What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing, I... I just wanted to greet you." Harry stutters awkwardly, what just happened? Why was this so awkward? Was this how he usually treat his friends? Harry turns to Hermione, hoping to get some help but she was even more confused than him. Harry never calls out to Malfoy ever.

"Is that all? Your brain's too full of your ego to think about a conversation topic? Alright then, hello to you too, Potter." Draco said mockingly as he turns around, continuing to walk.

"Malfoy, you seem to have mistaken 'hello' for 'goodbye'." Harry replied only to be ignored.

"So much for cheering up, are you sure you've got the right bloke? A moment ago you look lovestruck almost." Hermione laughs, that was even more awkward than their usual cat fights.

"Lovestruck? Oh please, I wasn't that happy." Harry grumbled.

Draco admitted they were friends but it got so awkward. Was he not used to being friends? Or perhaps he thinks their previous way of treating each other was how they were friends? Maybe.

"Why are you so obsessed with Malfoy recently? You interested in the bloke?" Ron tilts his head, this was the first time Ron's seen Harry in such deep thought, so deep that he didn't even touch the chicken drumstick that Hermione had sneaked onto his plate. Taking out his wand under the table, he casts a silent communication spell to Draco.

He sees Draco flinch slightly, he got it.

A thought was sent to him, asking for him to lower his guard. Draco sighed, he knew who's message this was already. Looking up, there Harry was sitting on the edge of his seat eagerly, like a little lovestruck puppy.

It was Harry Potter's voice.

"Meet me at the stream at 9 pm" It said in a sinister manner. Draco frowned upon hearing this, Filch would kill them if they were caught. Imagine what McGonagall would do! She'd probably jump to the conclusion that they were preparing to duel.

"What's that prick doing?" Draco gritted his teeth as he muttered under his breath. Blaise scooped a spoonful of mash potatoes into his mouth as he heard this, Draco was mumbling to himself. Sweet Merlin, Pansy and now Draco?

"What?" Blaise turned to Draco who ignored his very obvious 'what' so he turned to see where his gaze matched, he was making eye contact with the golden boy of all people. "Ah, you and your boyfriend got into a fight already?" Blaise snorted.

"Good Merlin, Blaise. For fuck's sake, we're not dating. We're just friend... I guess? He asked if we could be friends today. But weren't we... I mean. I'm so confused." Draco sighed as he got up.

"Oh, so now you listen. I have to mention Potter to get your attention." Blaise rolled his eyes.

"Fuck off, Blaise." Draco sighed before turning to his left. "Greg, you coming?"

"Nah, I'm going to go check up on Pansy after this." Greg grumbled. "She hasn't been eating. No one's seen her around a lot recently - only during class."

"Alright, go check on your girlfriend then." Blaise places his hand on Greg's shoulder as Greg shoot him a glare. "See ya, mate." Blaise flashes a gummy smile before walking off with Draco.

Draco waited at the stream, it was pretty dark so he brought a lamp. Knowing Harry's insatiable hunger, he also bought some sandwiches because Blaise bought four too many for him the other other. It was already 5 to 9pm, he came early since he wanted to get it done and over with.

"Draco."