Chapter 11: The Rose siblings

Start from the beginning

Me: Well we've circled this area.
Ruby: Yeah and no sign of Grimm.
Me: How about we sit down and rest for a while.
Ruby: Sure, sure!

We sat down on two stumps of trees. I opened a box containing packed sandwiches, I made them myself. I hand it to Ruby.

Ruby: Ooohh sandwiches! You made them yourself big bro?
Me: Yeah, I know you like them.

Ruby's mouth watered and she picked one. She began to nibble at her sandwich like a little hamster.

Me: So....any thoughts about our young sibling?
Ruby: A lot of thoughts! Could the baby be a baby girl or a baby boy?! What could the baby's semblance be?! Of course importantly, What is the baby's name?!

I chuckled at Ruby's behavior. I do have the same questions in mind.

Me: yeah....well let's just hope for the best.

I stood up and packed up while Ruby stood up and dusted off her combat dress.

Me: Say Ruby, do you still remember the moves we practiced after beating dad?
Ruby: Of course! It's our combo!
Me: Well I can't wait to add our baby brother/sister on that combo.

Ruby's eyes sparkled.

Ruby: Me Too!

Then we heard a monstrous roar coming from behind a bunch of trees. We quickly jumped and landed on a tree branch. We stay silent and wait in the shadows as loud thuds became apparent. After a while the loud thuds was accompanied by the sound of falling trees. Ruby covered her mouth with her hands while I pulled Ruby's hood to cover her head and then quietly get my school to take a picture. I whisper to Ruby.

Me: Calm down little Ruby, big bro's here to protect you if something were to happen.

I see Ruby nod and I position my scroll to take photos. The Grimm then emerged from a fallen tree. It was a big bulky Grimm. Something that I haven't seen before This is new to me...

 Something that I haven't seen before This is new to me

The Grimm then turned to look up the trees. Luckily Ruby and I are hidden by a bunch of leaves and branches. The Grimm looked around some more then decided to go on ahead. The Grimm walked away while Ruby and I held our breathes in. Once the loud thuds and the sound of trees falling down were not heard anymore we drop down and then exhaled heavily.

Me: T-that was close.
Ruby: Y-yeah, that Grimm is certainly something new.
Me: Yeah.....I guess you learn new things huh...anyways let's go back to the others and tell them we've gotten some pics.

I contacted Keith and the others using my scroll and soon after we meet in an open area for pick-up. While waiting for the bullhead we showed the others some pics we have taken and they also have pics of the Grimm as well. While we were all thinking about how dangerous this new Grimm was we were disturbed by the sound of rustling bushes. We ready our weapons while hoping it isn't the new Grimm. A pack of beowolves jumped out of the bush and we were all relieved.

Me: Hey Ruby wanna try out our combo?
Ruby: OH YEAH!!

I turn to my teammates and to my sister's teammates.

Me: Don't worry we got this.

I prepped my axe while Ruby prepped Crescent Rose. We had a stare down with the beowolves then charge at them. I swing my axe which managed to chop a Beowolf's head off then Ruby dashed in while hacking and slashing her way deeper into the pack. I used my rock manipulation to push the beowolves up into the air. Ruby kneeled down and sniped the airborne Beowolves and releoded faster using her semblance while I chop down any remaining beowolves that landed.

After we finish those beowolves we look at each other and grinned. I pat Ruby's head.

Me: Great job lil'Sis.
Ruby: Hehe, you too big bro!

The bullhead arrived and we all boarded it.

Meanwhile......

(Y/N) POV

I was in Emerald forest and am finding the Grimm that defeated me....the Troll I remember how it was a challenge for me just to stood up against it but now I know I can do finish it off. I want to try that technique.

I quickly spotted one, it was smaller than the one I fought with before so I'm guessing it's just in its juvenile state. I unsheathed Thorn and light up my lighter. I place the lighter to a nearby tree and the tree burned. The smoke coming from the burning tree got the Troll's attention. It turned around and saw me, the troll roared then charged at me.

I then activate my semblance and gathered all the smoke coming from the burning tree. The smoke formed around me and it turned into a giant armored figure behind me, though on the figures upper part of the body is only visible. I call it the Kemuri No Kami (god of smoke)

 I call it the Kemuri No Kami (god of smoke)

(This picture is a reference)

I raise up thorn and the Kemuri raised its hand and then smoke began to gather and form a sword. The Troll continued it's charge and I sliced at it with one clean sweep and so does the Kemuri. The Troll got slice in half as the Kemuri dispersed into nothingness. I kneeled down and felt my right eye bled a little. I did....but it's not the same Troll that did a number on me.

I stood up again and wiped my right eye. I rested for a while and returned home.

Chapter end

Author: Sorry for not updating much! Schoolwork is really busy now since I'm part of the graduating class and I've got to work on studying and doing projects here and there so please understand >~<