Chapter 24

*2 Weeks Later*

RJ's POV

"B. You ready to go?" I asked grabbing Tee's carrier and the car keys. "Yes. Tre! Come baby!" she yelled out to him. He ran around the corner and she grabbed his hand. "Let's go." she mumbled opening the door and walking out. She's been too quiet lately. She doesn't even sleep. She watches Tee,Tre, and I sleep; sometimes the tv. I walked to the car putting Tierra in and making sure her carseat was secure. Beauty was putting Tre in amd buckling him up. I walked to my side and got in. It was hot out so I cut on the ignition and put the ac on blast. Beauty got in the car and put on her seatbelt. I backed out and started driving down the street to drop the kids off.

About 15 minutes later, I pulled up to Dean's house. "Mommy." Tre called out to her. "Yes baby?" she said turning her head towards him. "I hungry." he whined. "You want goldfish? " she asked showing them to him. I guess he nodded because she opened them and passed them back. I put the car in a parking space and we got out. This time I got Tre and she got Tierra. We walked inside of the lobby to the elevator. The doors opened and we walked in. "What floor?" she asked looking towards me. "5." I stated adjusting Tre. She quickly pushed the button and leaned on the wall.

We got to Dean's door and I knocked. Not too long after he showed up and let us in. "Hey Dee. Where's your restroom?" she stated putting Tee's carrier on the floor. "Second door, to the left." she nodded and rushed that way. "Damn RJ. How she holding." he said looking worried. "Man. I don't even know. She has barely slept. She don't even eat. I have to force her. She hasn't even cried bruh." I said thinking about her. "Damn. Alright." he said shaking his head and grabbed Tre. Beauty stepped out into the living room. I couldn't even tell what she was looking at. She had on these big black sunglasses and her hair was long around her face. "Ready?" I said reaching my arm out for her hand. She nodded and grabbed it. "Bye baby. Gimme kiss. " she grinned puckering her lips for Tre. He leaned over and kissed her and pulled back smiling. "Bye Dean. Call us for anything." She said putting the bag on the couch. Dean told us our goodbyes as we walked out the door.

As we got in the car Beauty took off her shades. She had big dark bags under her eyes. "Babe. You gotta get rest. I'll take care of Tee at night. You have to get some sleep B. You don't even look like yourself no more ma." I told her upset at the fact she just wasn't trying to take care of herself. "I know RJ. I just can't." she sighed putting the shades back on. I shook my head and pulled off headed to the church.

We pulled up to the church and parked. We walked up to the front row and sat as we had an open casket funeral.

*

*

*

*

Beauty walked up to do the Eulogy. "Good Afternoon everybody. My dad was my bestfriend, my protector, and most of all my father. He was your friend, your family member, or your role model. He was always there for us, especially me. He meant the world to me and I will give almost anything to have him back. I confided in him, he gave me everything. Even if I didn't deserve it..." she sniffled. A lot of people were saying "take your time" around the room. "He was a great man. A great husband, a great friend, a great protector, a great grandfather; he was the greatest dad anybody can possibly pray for. He will be missed and loved. Goodbye Daddy. We all love you." she ended and quietly stepped down and walked into her mother's arms. They shed their tears and comforted each other. I stood up as she walked over and grabbed her hand. I hugged her and kissed her forehead as we sat down.

It was time to say our final goodbyes as everybody walked in an orderly fashion to view Shawn Sr. As we neared him Beauty hands were shaking and her face was red. I grabbed them tighter and walked towards the casket. When we were directly in front, I put my arm around her back just in case. "Bye daddy." she said blowing a kiss and turning to walk. I felt a sadness come over unexpectedly. All the good times with him had rushed through my head and I was feeling like I lost another dad. I had to be strong for my baby so I pushed everything to the back of my mind.

*

*

*

Although the funeral was over, it's time for the burial. We stepped out the limo and walked over to the green tent where the casket was sitting. Beauty, Bianca, and I sat in a row. Everybody else stood around. Bianca (Beauty's Mom) was grabbing on my arm for dear life as everybody put their roses on top of the coffin. As the casket started to go six feet under Bianca was screaming and crying like crazy. I tried to console her but it was just too much. Another family member had came and got her.

Beauty shook her head as the tears came from under the shades. I stood up and grabbed her hand. She stood and we started to walk in a different direction than the limo. "If we miss it, we'll catch a cab." she mumbled as she pulled me in front of another tombstone. "RJ, this is Shawn's grave." she leaned into me hugging me tight. "I'm just glad him and my dad will see each other again..." she whispered. Then, the heavy tears came. I pulled her into a hug and she was grabbing my shirt. "B. I can't imagine how you possibly feel. I can't pretend to know, I can only tell you that he's in a better place than this hell on earth baby. Look at me." I said pulling her chin up and taking off her shades. "In time everything will be okay. You won't be sad that they're gone,but happy that they're in heaven. Come on let's go." I kissed her forehead and gave her her shades back. We started walking on the narrow pathways towards the gate. I called Nell to come back and get us cause I wasn't getting in a cab. We continued to walk in silence as we watched all the families visiting their loved ones and all the families that were burying them.

_________________

Alright!!! Sad chapter, I know.

1.) New side of RJ... What you think??

2.) You know they say the loudest person at the funeral is the one who did wrong by the deceased?? (usually)

FAN VOTE COMMENT :*