Chapter 51

RJ

"Space? So you abandoned your family for four damn months for space?" Beauty said pushing my chest. "No. I was here for those four months, I just wasn't home." I hesitated. As she laughed, A hard slap came across my face. "I rather be alone RJ..." She said taking her ring off and handing it to me. "Now you got all the space you wanted and more." She spoke as she walked out of the room. I should've just told her the rest. I don't know.

Tina

"I'm sorry ma... But I'll pass on breakfast. The kids can stay just let RJ take them with him." Beauty said smiling weakly and turning to go to the door. I noticed her ring was off and RJ was coming down the stairs. She put on her coat and turned around. She looked at RJ and shook her head as tears fell from her face. I was so disappointed and to say the least disgusted with my son. She left out of the door and I turned to him. "Come here and follow me." I said sharply as I turned to go to the den. He was right on my heels. I turned and slapped him. "The hell is wrong with you? That is the best woman you ever had. She gave you kids, she stopped her dreams, she would die for you. Do you not notice that? When you was in a coma, she was there every single day. She took you back time after time. She even jumped in fights for you Royce. I don't know who or what got you trippin' , but figure it out." I said bumping past him. He was everything to that poor girl and he probably ruined it all.

Beauty

I was home packing shit that was necessary for me and my kids; our clothes, our hygiene products, everything of that sort. RJ could see his kids. I just can't take that space thing. I never invaded his space, I was never clingy. I wasn't always in his shit unless I had a reason to be. I thought that he loved me, he was all I really knew.

I put all my packed stuff downstairs and I sat on the couch. I was gonna wait for him to walk in the house; I knew he was gonna leave the kids home with his mama and try to make up to me for his bullshit lie. So I waited.

He came through the door.

"Babe I'm so- what the fuck is this?" He said pointing at all the boxes sitting in the middle of the living room. "My stuff and the kids stuff. You wanted space? Well, we giving you your own space. A big ass space." I smiled. "This shit ain't funny!" He yelled as I stood up. "It wasn't funny when I was laid up in that bed crying my eyes out, holding your son because he was feeling like it was his fault. It wasn't funny when he was asking me where you were. And your bullshit lie about needing space wasn't funny either!" I yelled going into the kitchen. "Shontelle stop playing games man!" He yelled following behind me. "Why you mad now? You don't got a damn reason to be pissed! You can't tell me the truth! You not even trying to save your family right now!" I yelled letting the tears fall. "You cut me deep this time. I didn't know if you were dead or missing. You broke my heart and I don't even think you realize it." I said moving around him. "B.. Listen to me. I'm sorry, it's just hard to explain right now." He said grabbing my waist. "Get ya hands offa me." I gritted as I snatched his hands off. "I'm gone. You can see your kids on weekends. I don't want no damn broads in here either. I'm sticking to our code.