Chapter 2

Beauty's POV

"There is no us." I stated strongly. By this time Tre had finished and I started burping him. "What the hell. What you mean there is no us? I sent you off for your protection and my son's protection. You got another nigga around Tre? Shontelle I swear-" He yelled with his veins popping out. "Look. I'm tired of letting you in then shit goes down. And you call that protection? You could've at least had a place for us to go to. That so called nigga is my bestfriend. He helps me a lot. I can't stay here. Tell Tina I'll stop by when you AREN'T here." I got up with Tre and tried to leave the kitchen. "Where you going? We finna talk about this." He grabbed me softly and nudged me ahead of him upstairs to his old room.

When we got up there I walked in and looked around. "Sit down. " He pointed to the bed. In laid Tre on it and put some pillows around him. Then I sat at the end of the bed. RJ pulled a chair in front of me and sat down in it. "I can't be with you Royce. I just can't. I'm in danger which means Tre is in danger. I haven't heard from you in 3 months since I had him. You didn't send no letters or mail or anything for me or him. Jay been helping me take care of him since you was trying to protect us. I let you in too easy. " I said with cloudy eyes. Damn I let him see me cry. "All I can say is I'm sorry." He wiped my face. "Sorry doesn't fix everything, I think I need to go home." I said getting up and going to pick up Tre. "Nah. I got him. But stay na little longer just so he knows who I am." I nodded and laid across the bed.

I woke up the next Morning in a T-shirt and under the covers. I looked around and I didn't see my baby anywhere. I panicked and jumped up. I ran out the room and ran down the hall to find Tre. I ran and opened the first door. It was Tina's room. The second door was an office, the next one was empty, and the last one had RJ in the bed sleep with Tre on his chest. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I walked slowly towards RJ to get Tre so we can go home. I got ready to pick Tre up and RJ grabbed my waist. "Morning Beauty. " his eyes opened and he smirked. "Morning RJ. Let me go so I can get my son and we can go home and get dressed. " I pushed his hand off of me.and picked Tre up. "Okay. I will pick Y'all up at 2 for a late lunch." He closed his eyes back. "Alright let me out this house. It's too big." He chuckled and got up. He didn't have on nothing but boxers and basketball shorts. "Something you like? " He smirked and licked his lips. "No" I turned around.

RJ's POV

This girl only gets more beautiful as time passes by. I walked her back to the other room and let her put on her clothes. When she finished we walked downstairs and I grabbed her bags. I walked her to the car and watched while she put Tre in his baby seat. I gave her a hug and she got in her car and pulled off. I ran back upstairs and took a shower. When I got out, I wrapped a towel around and walked in my closet. I pulled out my ORIO 5s, a white v-neck, a black varsity cardigan, and some black trues. I added a diamond chain and two diamond studs. I grabbed my keys and wallet and headed out the door. I drove to my house and opened the door. I laid on the couch and took a nap, Tre kept me up all night.

Beauty's POV

I got to the apartment and the first thing I did was bathe Tre. I dried him off, put on his baby lotion, baby powder, and pamper. I walked to his room and put on his black and red Jordan oneszie, black pants, red socks, and a black hat. I fed him for a while. After I did that, he burped and fell right to sleep. I placed him in his crib upstairs and went back to my room. I took a 20 minute shower and stepped out. I dried off, put on my lotion and baby oil, wiped the excess off, and put on my underwear. I walked out the bathroom to the closet and found a black long sleeved shirt, yellow high-waisted pants, and my black and yellow 4s. I put the top half of my hair into a ponytail and left the rest down. I changed my purse and I refreshed Tre's baby bag. By the time I was finished it was 12 in the afternoon and I was beat. I sat on the couch to watch TV. 30 minutes later there was a knock on my door. Whoever it was, was banging hard enough to destroy my peace and quiet. I walked to the door, "Who is it?" I looked through the peephole. "It's Jay" He yelled. I opened the door and moved to the side to let him in. He walked in pacing. I closed the door and ran upstairs to get Tre, who was screaming his lungs out. I walked downstairs with a crying Tre rocking him. "Jay. I'm going to get to you just give me a minute." I looked at him and he sat down tapping his foot wildly. "Tre hush for mommy please?" I rubbed his chubby cheeks. He wasn't letting up. I walked in the kitchen and took out a bowl of fruit while singing Blame It On Me to Tre.

Sometimes you can work it out
Sometimes you can't
Sometimes you're forced to watch everything fall apart -- it's out of your hands.
Sometimes leaving is easy
Sometimes it ain't
Sometimes it hurts to know the loving you had was slowly fading away

You can say whatever you like
As long as we just say goodbye
Blame it on me
Say it's my fault
Say that I left you outside in the cold with a broken heart
I really don't care
I ain't crying no more
Say I'm a liar a cheater
Say anything that you want
As long as it's over

By the time I finished he had stopped crying and was staring up with those big blue eyes. I felt a warm tear slide down my face and I wiped it fast and grabbed my fruit and walked back to the living room where Jay was. His face was still red and his veins were popping. "Jay tell me what's wrong. It's not like you to be this upset over anything. " I said sitting next to him placing the fruit on the coffee table. "Beauty, my girlfriend told me that she might have given me HIV." He sighed. It seem like everything around me froze. I took a deep breath. "Jay, I'm your bestfriend. I will be here for you if you do or not. And if you do, just be careful when you get cut." I reached over and hugged him. "Before you jump to a conclusion. Go get tested. You'll be my friend regardless of whether you have it or not." I reassured him. He smiled. "Thanks Beauty. I'm glad I met you twice." He chuckled and got up to leave. I giggled and stood up with him. "Tell me the results as soon as you get them be careful." I tippy toed and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled and left out the door. I locked it behind him and sat down and continued to eat my fruit while laying Tre on the pillows.

At 1:45 my phone started ringing, it was RJ. He called for the address and I told him that and my apartment number. I picked up Tre and put him in the baby carrier. I strapped him in and put on my body purse and grabbed his baby bag. There was a knock on the door and I opened up. It was RJ.

RJ's POV

"Hey" Beauty stepped to the side letting me in. "Hey. You ready?" I asked. She looked at Tre. "Hold up. Let me go get a cover for him, I don't need a sick baby." She closed the door and ran to what I'm guessing is his room. For apartments this raggedy she did a good job making it look nice. The walls were painted and everything. She came back out with a thick red little cover with his whole name stitched in black with a white crown on top. "My mom got it made for him. But, I'm ready." She smiled and put it over his little body. She picked his carrier up and I picked up his baby bag and we were out the door. She followed me to my car and I unlocked it. I put his bag behind me and she went on the other side to put him in the middle. She buckled him in and closed the door. She walked to the passenger side and got in. "RJ please don't drive like you normally do with my baby in this car." She looked at me seriously. "You mean our baby." I looked at her and smiled. She looked at me amusingly and put her seat belt on. I pulled out the parking space, out of the parking lot to the road. 15 minutes into the car ride her phone started vibrating. She looked in her little purse and took it out. "Hello? You alright?" ..... "Oh my God. No." .... "I'm going to breakfast. Just go to my house until I get back please."..... "You know where I hide the key. Just do what I say, cause you're gonna make it worse."....."Bye. Ve safe." She finished the conversation with watery eyes. "What's wrong?" I looked over at her concerned. She didn't say anything. I left her alone cause I know she need to think.