This... This doesn't make sense! Vylad would never do this... what's wrong with him...?

Y/n's eyes widened. "W-Wait, no! I-I refuse to believe it, I... This is your Shadow Knight side speaking, isn't it?! Please, tell me it is..." Her voice was shaking, her whole body was shaking, but Vylad couldn't see her. He couldn't see the damage he was doing to her.

That was until he slightly turned to her. He saw her state, but he seemed unfazed. I could see his eyes - they were red. That gave me hope that maybe he was being controlled until his eyes slowly faded to green. Then, he simply stated, "I have perfect control of my Shadow Knight side," and he just walked away.

I had never seen my sister so upset in my life. The girl who I always looked up to, the girl who was always so strong... I witnessed her break down right in front of me. She leaned against a tree and just sobbed.

I immediately ran to her. I rubbed her back and tried comforting her. I told her everything would be alright, that Vylad didn't deserve her. It was all I could do.

I wish I could've done more.

~Flashback End~

I had always known Vylad wasn't perfect, nobody is, but he seemed like the perfect person for Y/n. I guess that isn't true, after all, look at her... she's broken, all because of him.

I walk up to the bed. She's tangled in the sheets, hugging a pillow as if it's the only thing she has left.

"We used to be closer... things were better back then..." She mutters, looking up at me. Her voice was raspy, and her eyes were dull, like how they were back when we were slaves. "There was no monster inside of him, nothing to drive him to be this way. I miss the old days, Owl, where we would chase balloons..."

"I know... I'm really sorry sis," I say in this softest voice I can manage, "Hey, I'm heading back to Phoenix Drop to visit Aphmau. I still can't process how much heartbreak has gone on here..." I sigh for the second time today. "Do you want anything before I leave?"

Y/n doesn't respond. I'm about to leave, before she says, "Tell Alec to come here, but don't tell anyone else what's happened, okay? I don't want anybody to be worried about me. The explosion, Garroth's return, Aaron's death, Aphmau's grief... it must be hard for everyone. I don't want to add to that."

I nod. "M'kay. See you later, sis." With that, I leave with one thought on my mind:

Why must Irene do this to us...?
~
Y/n's POV

I still don't understand everything. Why Vylad left, why he was so cold, why Laurance is gone... everything. It's just so hard to comprehend.

Vylad was practically everything to me. He was my best friend, my lover, the only one I could trust... and then he just threw it all away. He abandoned me. It hurts so, so bad...

I keep having flashbacks of our childhood. Some I've already had, and some that are only recently coming back to me. We had used to do so much fun stuff together. Moments together were always the greatest to me, I don't know what happened. I guess it's because he died. He's considered gone, but not at the same time. He's also considered alive, but not at the same time. A Shadow Knight is so confusing... even more so if that Shadow Knight is the ever so cryptic Vylad Ro'meave.

I miss saying that name with love. I mean, I still love him... it's just not the same.

I wish I could turn back time and prevent this, but even if I did time travel, I don't know how I could change this. What made Vylad act like this?

Why...?

"Hey, you in there?" A familiar voice calls out... but, it wasn't the voice I was expecting. I peek out from under the covers to see a certain green-eyed boy staring at me.

"Travis, what are you doing here?" (BET YOU THOUGHT IT WAS VYLAD- why do I keep doing this...?)

He walks into the treehouse and sits down beside me as I sit up. "I wanted to comfort you. I'm sorry about what happened."

"How did you even find out?! We didn't even tell you we were-"

"Dating?" Travis chuckles, "I remember seeing you on a picnic one night in the forest while I was training. You two were kissing, so I decided to leave you alone." The white-haired boy then frowns. "... but, I overheard Alec and Owl's conversation in Phoenix Drop. As much as he wanted to help, Alec was busy so I volunteered to come. I'm honestly really sorry, Y/n."

"You don't need to be sorry, it wasn't your fault."

"Still, I wish it never happened. I didn't know Vylad for long but he seemed like a really chill dude. I can't believe he would leave such a hot babe like you..."

I laugh, hitting his shoulder. "SHUT UP, TRAVIS!"

He laughs as well. "Sorry! Just trying to help. You know... I've never been in this situation. Being alone my whole life, I've never been truly in love with someone and just... I think you know what I mean. I can't help you as much as maybe Alec or Owl can, but I still want to be a good friend to you." He puts a hand on my shoulder. "I care about you. So, LET'S GO DO SOMETHING FUN!"

Travis immediately grabs my hand and attempts to pull me out of bed. "Woah, woah, woah! Travis! What are we going to do?!"

He shrugs. "I dunno. We can do anything you want. I just want you to get out of bed and smile! Please?" Travis pouts, as I sigh.

"Fine... could we... go eat cake?"

"Cake?" Travis asks, tilting his head a bit. "SURE! Let's head to KC! Then, maybe I can make some tacos for us! I LOVE THOSE!" He grabs my hand and this time he succeeds at getting me out of bed. "LET'S GO!"

I laugh as we head out of the treehouse. "Thank you, Travis."

He chuckles. "Don't thank me yet...! WE NEED TO EAT TACOS FIRST!"

Then he grabs my hand and we walk off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: Fun fact - I've never had a taco before. I just know Travis loves them so I included them lol. Could somebody tell me how they taste?!?!

~Owl