Prolouge

The cat pricked his ears. Only the sound was his clanmates breathing softly while they slept. He slowly sat up and padded out of the den, carefully avoiding his sister.

     The outside world was dark and quiet, but peaceful at the same time. Crickets chirped, making their voices heard. The soft trickle of the river was soothing, like his mother's voice. Except that she would be disappointed if she knew what he was about to do.

     No guard tonight. No one expected an attack. He gingerly placed one paw in the river. The current was weak, not like the churning waters that he was used to. He slipped into the water like a water snake, careful not to make any sound. His strong front paws propelled him through the water to the opposite bank.

     Will she come? Will she be here? Questions swarmed in his mind. I hope she will. The silver moon was halfway through the sky, and had started to descend. He kept his eyes off of it, since it reminded him of her. I hope she comes. I hope she didn't forget.

     The stars twinkled brightly, giving off a delicate white glow. The moonlight made the shore glow, lighting up every stone. The sand shifted and sunk in around his paws as he slowly sat down to wait.

     Not a single sign of life showed in the tall pine trees. No rustling of a cat making way through their territory. No sound of a bird calling out in alarm as they spotted a cat wading through the marsh. Nothing.

     The sun had started to rise, it's brilliant light oozing through the trees. The wind had settled down slightly, but still ruffled his fur. Warmth radiated off of the sun, but he didn't feel the slightest bit warm at all.

     "Oh, Rippleheart." A voice said, faintly amused. "You never really thought that she would come, did you?" "Yes." Rippleheart said, digging his claws into the earth. "I did. There was no way she could have forgotten." "Exactly." The voice purred. "She's taunting you. Making you seem weak. She'll reveal your secret the first chance she gets. And who will it go to?" Rippleheart paused, before snarling, "Carpstar." "The leader." The voice hissed in agreement.

     His fur started to tingle. He had the urge to claw someone's fur, although he wasn't sure if it was hers or his own. "Go on." The voice urged. "There's no one telling you to stop! To stick to that code for weaklings! Once you're done with that mangy kittypet, we can make our own clan!" Our own clan.

     Rippleheart stood up, confident now. "You're right." "You have nothing to feel sad about." She was right. All of the sadness and disappointment were turning into hatred and bitterness. "Go on Rippleheart!" The voice encouraged. "There's no one to stop you now!" He nodded, letting out a wicked hiss full of anger and betrayal. She betrayed me. Now I will have my revenge. On her. On all of you. 

A/N: I invited a friend! But... *narrows eyes* she used to favor ThunderClan... 

SilverWolfFlame: O.o Rippleheart, did my friend influence you or something?

Sunfern (Sandstormstyle): *intently glares at Rippleheart* I have the sudden desire to claw your ears off.

Birchstar (Sandstormstyle): Hey, Rippleheart is a loyal warrior! Don't judge him!

Sunfern: Sure he is. To the Dark Forest.

Moonblaze: You! You snakehearted, evil-

SilverWolfFlame: Blah, save your rivalries for later. Even though ThunderClan is stuck up sometimes...

Rippleheart: You snakeheart!

Moonblaze: You traitor!

Rippleheart: One day you'll feel how I felt when I shred you to ribbons!

SilverWolfFlame: ... This is getting intense.

Sunfern- ThunderClan is the best clan ever! What?! Why didn't anyone tell me we were starting the next chapter already?

~Sunfern has logged off~

Moonblaze: ShadowClan rules, end of story.

~Moonblaze has logged off~

SilverWolfFlame: As long as Birchstar's dead...

Rippleheart: Aren't you supposed to be neutral?

SilverWolfFlame: Ah, but that's not required. :)

~SilverWolfFlame has logged off~