Chapter One: Security Breach

Start from the beginning

Control Freak wasn't fazed. "You can type all you want, but you'll never outwit me! My remote control has more tricks than your puny minds can imagine - HEY!"

Suddenly, the screen went blank. Robin smirked. "That's the last we'll hear from him!"

He picked up his communicator. "Raven, can you hear me?"

"Not so fast, loser! You didn't think you could get rid of me, did you?" responded a voice that definitely didn't belong to Raven.

"WHAT?! How did you-" Robin then realised he didn't need to ask.

"Tough luck, Robin! No-one can defeat CONTROL FREAK and my remote control of doom!"

"I've had enough of this." Robin threw down his communicator and began tapping his keyboard once more. "I'm going to put that gloating geek back in prison if it's the last thing I do!"

On the screen appeared a map of Jump City with a flashing dot in the middle. Robin tried to hone in on where the signal from his communicator was coming from, but as a result of his concentration, he wasn't paying any attention to what Cyborg was doing.

The half-robot had inserted a wire into his circuitry and connected it to the game dock, typing as furiously as Robin. "Boo-yah!" he cried all of a sudden.

The dot on the map vanished before Robin even had a chance to see where Control Freak was located.

"Cyborg?! What did you do?"

"I only kicked his butt! I figured if I could block the signal from that remote control, that crazy coach-potato would have to go back to the drawing board. He can't make our systems go berserk if he can't access them!"

Cyborg was expecting Robin to say something along the lines of, "Cyborg, you're a genius!" (which probably would have been a more than accurate description, considering how they could possibly use the same method to prevent any further crimes by the infamous fanboy) so it was a real shock when Robin's reaction was the exact opposite.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?" the boy wonder practically erupted, "I was about to locate Control Freak!"

"Relax, Robbie! He can't hurt us now."

"He can't hurt us. What if he uses his remote to go on a crime spree or interferes with the radio signals of everyone in Jump City? I can't believe you'd do something so selfish."

"I was just trying to protect our systems from being hacked into by that crazy dude! He could have gotten into our files using that remote of his. I wasn't the one who was too selfish to consider the possibility of our private data getting into enemy hands!"

The pair turned into fuming chibis in a headlock, veins bursting, when Starfire wandered through the door at the other end of the room.

"It is most reassuring that our technology is working again!" she said thankfully, before a puzzled expression came upon her face, "Friends Robin and Cyborg? Why are you in a state of anger? Surely the problem has now been fixed."

Her team-mates' heads grew bigger and sharp-toothed snarls came upon their faces, accompanied by alarming growls. Starfire's eyes went blank and a massive sweat drop appeared on her forehead.

Without warning, there was a strange noise from one of the orange-patterned walls. Everyone turned their heads to see what on Earth was going on, when one of the panels popped right off to reveal a green mouse, which promptly turned into none other than Beast Boy. "Uh, sorry I had to go through the tunnels, guys. The door to my room was stuck!" He saw that Cyborg's circuits were still connected to a keyboard strewn on the floor, which was next to another keyboard as well as a communicator. "Er, what happened while I was gone?"