Chapter One

Jordyn's POV

"TIME OUT!" The soccer coach blew her whistle and our team all ran over to her. "Girls you have got to put your heads in the game. This is the closest game we've ever had. We are seconds away from possibly going to the championship."

"Jordyn's the only one that can make it. That goalie is really good." My best friend Willow said and a lot of the other girls agreed.

"I can try." I shrugged my shoulders while taking in some water.

"You've done this before. You can do it again." My coach looked straight at me and I was honestly really intimidated. Everyone was expecting me to win the huge game for them.

I nodded and put my water down on the bench. I looked at the front row and my boyfriend Ethan was there with the rest of our friends, including Grayson, cheering us on. I smiled and he blankly stared at me but for some reason it gave me confidence.

A couple years passed since Ethan and I finally got back together after my group home. We were all finally seniors living our best lives.

The ref blew the whistle and the game started again.

The score was 8-8 and the opposing team had the ball. Easily I snatched the ball from them and passed it to one of my girls. They started to pass it back and forth trying to get through the obstacles of running girls.

One of the girls on my team, Julie passed me the ball and I quickly ran it down the side of the field. Before a girl on the opposing team kicked it away from me, I passed the ball to Willow. I dodged some of the girls on the opposing team and Willow passed the ball backed to me.

I thoroughly thought about how I was going to get the ball in the goal. For this game it was the hardest part. Their goalie was amazing!

"KICK IT!" I heard people yelling in the bleachers.

I slowly moved the soccer ball but didn't quite kick it yet. I confused her by going one way but quickly changing my mind and went the other direction and kicked the ball, hopefully making it.

It felt like everything was happening in slow motion, it was strange. Even though I was close to the goal, it felt like a full ten seconds before the ball was even remotely close to the goal.

3...

2...

1...

The ref blew the whistle.

"GOAL!"

Everything was then back in regular speed motion. I heard screams from my team and from the bleachers. My teammates all came up to me and surrounded me with warm arms.

It didn't really hit me that we were going to the championship. Of course I was laughing but it didn't feel like anything really happened.

"CHAMPIONSHIP HERE WE COME!" Girls started to scream in my ear. So much joy was being exploded around me.

The girls and I walked over to the bleachers and I stood on the bench with a few girls next to me while the rest of the team was standing on the ground around us.

We sucked in all of the cheers and happiness that were being produced from the crowd of people.

My eyes specifically landed on Ethan who was over the moon about all of this. I couldn't help but smile at him. He was such a blessing.

At the end of each game, the crowd is allowed onto the field and that is exactly what everyone did.

Ethan and the rest of our friends walked over to me. My teammates sort of spread so Ethan could now reach me.

"Championship?" He held out his arms and I walked into them. We swayed back and forth a few times before I was released from his grip.

"I'm in shock honestly."

"You got most of the goals Jord." He put his arm around my neck and tightened his grip, making me squeeze into his chest.

"He's not wrong." Willow walked over to Grayson, the other couple of our group. I smiled at her, realizing that we were going to the championship. It finally hit me.

"Jordyn! Can I get a picture of you for the yearbook?" Some skinny boy came over to us with a big camera around his neck. I nodded and dragged Ethan with me. He put his arm around my waist and we both smiled. "Thanks." He ran off quickly. A little strange.

"Guys we want to do pictures quickly." Willow called for us to come over.

I first hopped in with just Willow and then Grayson came in and then Ethan came in. Then Grayson left so it was just us and Ethan. Willow then left so it was just me and Ethan.

He wrapped his arm around my waist once again and lightly poked me which made me laugh since I'm very ticklish.

I then took a quick picture with Grayson while Ethan and Willow took one together.

"You did really well tonight." Grayson said to me. I reached up to give him a hug and he did the exact same.

I informed Ethan that I was going to get my stuff from the locker room and he nodded. The rest of the girls were already in there probably changing. Only Willow and I were outside still. We only needed to go in and grab our things, we didn't need to change.

"Did you guys hear that Elizabeth is coming back on Monday?" Riley, another one of my best friends started some conversation between all of us. Elizabeth was the one who dated Ethan a while back and dated my ex boyfriend Shawn.

"Wait, I thought she was expelled." I asked while putting my duffle bag over my shoulder.

Elizabeth was expelled for freaking out over someone accidentally spilling their food onto her but she kind of pulled it on herself since she tripped the poor girl. Elizabeth got really upset and began to hit the sophomore.

"Her dad was able to bring her back. Probably money."

"Just when things were getting good." I joked and walked out of the locker room with Willow.

Elizabeth every once in a while would try to bring me down but I never let her insults get to me since my life was going pretty well.

For her on the other hand, Shawn dumped her a while back. No guy has wanted to get with her since. I guess Shawn was the last resort, which is really sad.

But I mean I'm doing well for myself.

I just got my team a spot in the championship,

and

I have the best friends and boyfriend.