Vibranium

Pepper checked her watch as she waited for Happy to meet her at the door; it was half past two, just a half hour to go until she had to address the press on everything that had happened since Tony was in DC. She hadn't eaten all day, and even though most of her work was only done in their office for the day, she knew she had to get some kind of energy in her. She didn't want to have to stand in line at the cafe, so she sent the car out, insisting the driver got something for himself, as well.

"Miss Potts?" a voice sounded to her side.

Pepper smiled and turned toward the man, noticing the paper and clipboard in his hand, silently asking her to sign. She accepted after briefly reading the memo and handed his pen back, thanking him. He nodded and was about to take off before the loud, obnoxious sound of iron hitting concrete made the two jump back.

Iron Man's suit landed with a thud in front of her, startling almost everyone wandering the sidewalks outside. Pepper yelped in fear, not expecting his landing, and shot daggers at him with her eyes as he stood up from his signature super hero pose with his palm on the ground to brace the landing. She stayed silent until the face mask lifted, revealing Tony Stark in a laughing fit; he was amused.

"Are you kidding me?!" she shrieked, obviously mad at his entrance.

She apologized to the employee to her side and let him scurry off, but he was too entranced with Iron Man standing before him to move. Tony didn't take notice, and attempted to pull the CEO in for a hug. She pushed him off, waving her hands in defense. Stark frowned, but pulled back.

"Thank you," she said again to the man to her side, not wanting him to witness what was going to be another argument between them.

This time, he took the hint and disappeared, leaving Pepper to face Tony with a glare that would burn a hole through his metal suit.

"Did you seriously just think that would be a good idea?!" she yelled.

"I just thought I'd drop in." He raised an eyebrow when she didn't answer. "It was funny. You were supposed to laugh. Or get extremely turned on by your superhero boyfriend trying to surprise you by landing heroically in front of you."

"Were you watching me?" she questioned, realizing he had to have known she had just made it outside for the first time that day.

Tony ignored her, knowing he was in for a fight if he kept going. He was learning...sort of.

Pepper blinked and brushed her bangs out of her eyes in annoyance. "You expect me to laugh at this...stupid armor, after the year I've had?! Do you have any idea the nightmares I have? First you go missing, then you create this...this Iron Man thing...to fight a bigger one in the middle of a highway, then Hammer, and now you're attacked in DC and someone breaks in while you're away?! Tony, I can't even walk because of you. So yes, I'm going to be scared out of my mind when you make an entrance like that!"

She finished her rant with a huge sigh, knowing that was one of the only times she had ever gone off on him like that, despite all of his childish behavior over the years. She did everything she could to not meet his eyes, or anyone else's....they were all on her after her explosion and Tony's landing.

Before anything else was said, she heard a series of clicks and looked up to see the armor folding back off of Stark, revealing the suit he had shown up in underneath. He stepped down and was released, leaving the suit standing upright as it closed back up and was left in form.

"Like that?" he asked, nodding slightly over his shoulder at the new suit. "I had Jarvis redesign the assembly."

Pepper slowed her breathing as she narrowed her eyes, trying to understand why that was his response to everything she had said. She didn't speak, but stood upright again, trying to ignore the stinging of her leg after her initial jerk.