All I Have

"Agent Coulson!" Tony welcomed as he drug himself up the stairs and to the front entrance of the house.

Truthfully, the last thing he wanted was to do with anymore S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, but right now, his focus was on keeping Pepper safe. He could use the extra help.

"Agent," Stark repeated when he locked eyes with the man walking into his home.

Immediately, Coulson pulled for his weapon on his hip and held it towards Tony.

"Hands where I can see them, Stark," he ordered.

Complying, Tony lifted both hands into the air, raising his eyebrows at the agent.

"Okay, I can see that you spoke to Romanoff-" he began, taking a step closer to Coulson.

"I'm warning you Tony, stand back!"

Stark forced a smile and realized the blood covering his hands and clothes probably wasn't the best look he could've gone with.

"I really don't feel comfortable with that thing aimed at me."

Then, Coulson raised his voice which only made Tony speak louder as well to try to top the agent, even though he was only doing his job.

"Mr Stark, if you don't take-"

"Hey. Hey, it's me."

"-a step back, I'm-"

"Coulson, I am telling you the truth. Pepper is-"

"-going to have to shoot."

"Pepper is downstairs, unconscious, and I really don't have time to do this," Tony finally yelled back.

Coulson quieted himself but kept his weapon high. Sighing in relief, Tony spoke slower and calmer to prove himself.

"I asked you to go on a Starbucks run, remember?" he offered, thinking of what he went with when Fury had last sent him to babysit.

Slowly, Coulson lowered the gun and placed it back in his belt loop, accepting Tony's proof.

"Good." Tony relaxed, rolling his eyes subtly. "I was starting to think I was gonna get my brains blown out."

"The thought is still there."

He ignored the agent. "Now if you'd like to come with me..."

Tony ushered Coulson to follow him with a hand gesture. He hobbled his way back down the stairs to check on the scan Jarvis should have completed.

"What happened?" Coulson asked, almost inaudible.

"Uh. Not sure. Haven't had time to pull up the security tapes yet."

"Is she...is she okay?" Coulson asked, his face paling at the sight of Pepper.

"Jarvis?"

"Vitals look good, sir. We are just waiting for Miss Potts to wake up," the AI responded as the scan closed.

"She'll need some healing. I got it covered," Stark muttered, making it clear he was unhappy with Coulson not arriving sooner. "Jarv, can you play back the tapes?"

"Loading them now, Mr Stark."

Tony picked up a piece of glass off the desk and looked around. Then, he tossed it back against the place where Pepper had landed, scowling at the blood still on the floor. He'd get Dum-E on it after he made sure Pepper was awake. As he was scanning the the rest of the broken display, his eyes narrowed and he urgently turned back to his desktop, pulling the screens back up and into place.