Chapter 43

"Are these enough bandages?" Mizari asked, holding out a pile of bandages.

"Yeah... Thanks" Yoon said obviously second guessing Mizari's willingness.

"Then isn't it about time my wish was granted? I want to see Mister Zeno's regeneration" Mizari grinned.

"I can try cutting off an arm right? Will it stay attached?" He asked as I shivered slightly. 

"But, a request like that is..." Yoon muttered.

"Alright" Zeno said, rising to his feet. 

"I'll stick my arm out, so cut it" Zeno smiled.

"Zeno...!" Yoon gasped.

"Wait" Jae-ha said, interrupting as Zeno was about to poke his arm out of the cell bars.

"I can show you something even more interesting than that" Jae-ha continued. 

"Now take a gander at this~" Jae-ha hummed, going to pull off his shoe.

"Eh? Jae-ha, you wouldn't..." Yoon muttered. Since the beginning, Jae-ha had insisted that no one saw his leg, so everyone was leaning forward in anticipation. I leaned against the wall, bored. This wouldn't be impressive.

Jae-ha showed his leg, before quickly pulling his shoe back on, obviously self conscious about it.

"What was that!? That green leg just grew huge..." Mizari gasped, his eyes sparkling. I was snickering at Jae-ha's embarrassed expressions.

"Was that enjoyable?" Jae-ha asked, sweat dropping.

"That was very interesting! Amazing! How did you make you leg grow like that? If I tried hard, could I make my leg grow like that too?" Mizari asked.

"You. Could you bring us a meat dish?" Yoon asked.

"A meat dish?" Mizari asked.

"Jae-ha is low on blood. Beef or chicken, if you could" Yoon said. 

Mizari soon returned with a large chicken dish and Kija force fed him quickly. I now sat beside Shin-ha, keeping away from the meat. Shin-ha suddenly shivered and both Mizari and I noticed.

"Would you like my cloak?" I asked him.

"Then you would be cold" He said, turning to me as well.

"I don't mind. It's made out of a material that keeps people warm" I smiled, un-clipping the cloak and swinging it over his shoulders.

Before I could blink, Mizari was holding out blankets. I blinked up at him, surprised.

"Well then, I want to see mister Zeno's regeneration again next time" He smiled creepily, before skipping away. 

I once again found my self shivering and Shin-ha dropped my cloak over my shoulder.

"Ahh, no. Thank you for your concern, but you got the wrong idea" I chuckled up to him.

"That's a thought" Yoon suddenly said. I glanced up as Shin-ha dropped a blanket of my head.

"Is something wrong, Yoon?" I asked.

"How do you know so many people personally? You seem to know all the generals and their children" Yoon said. I chuckled, sweat dropping.

"Ah... Yes... That's correct" I smiled.

"Explain" Yoon said, sitting beside Kija and starting to re-wrap his wounds.

"Where do I begin...?" I muttered to my self, pulling the blanket off my head.

"When King Il first brought me to the castle, I was a nervous wreck. It took me a month to speak a proper sentence in front of Yona, Hak and Soo-won" I said.

"I can't imagine that" Yoon deadpanned. I raised an eyebrow at him, but didn't comment.

"So King Il insisted that I go around to neighboring counties, the different tribes, every where basically.  I would spend a couple months in each place, getting my self familiar with the area and it's people, especially the generals, kings and their children, you name it" I said, leaning against the wall.

"Why would he do that?" Jae-ha asked.

"Growing up with people yelling at you that you where a mistake causes major trust issues" I smirked, my eyebrow rising even further.

"What is your relationship with Soo-won?" Kija asked. My whole body instantly tensed and they all caught it.

"Complicated?" Yoon asked.

"That's putting it lightly..." I chuckled.

"That letter from the fort... Was it from Soo-won?" Jae-ha asked. I sighed, casting my eyes to the floor, before hesitantly nodding.

"You kept in contact with him? Even after he killed Yona's father?" Kija asked, surprised.

"And her master too" Zeno piped up.

"I was... Trying to figure out why... That man had changed so much in one night. I thought I had people figured out, but then he went and did that... But the longer I stayed, the more and more confused I got" I said.

"So, what is your relationship? Enemies? Friends? Allies? Lovers?" Yoon asked. Jae-ha flinched ever so slightly. I felt my cheeks go the slightest of reds as I remembered the incident in his study.

"It's..." I began but faltered, dropping my head onto my knees.

"I can't put it into words... I don't want to put it into words... Every time I think about it, I instantly feel guilt" I said, pulling out the letter. I passed it to Shin-ha, who read it and passed it around.

"He... Loved you?" Jae-ha muttered, obviously upset.

"If he truly loved me, I have no idea how he could drug me and tie me up. How he thought he would get away with killing King Il... But he did it..." I muttered.

"But why guilty?" Yoon asked as Zeno passed the letter back.

"Yona hasn't told you?" I asked, looking up at them in surprise. They all looked equally as confused.

"Yona was in love with Soo-won. Since they where children too" I said. Their jaw's dropped.

"You must feel horrible..." Zeno muttered.

"That's putting it lightly. Everything I thought I knew was thrown out the window. I found out when I was heading toward's the wind tribe. That's why I was so hesitant to come back... I can never look at Yona the same... If she knew..." I muttered, clutching onto my cloak.

"She deserves to know..." Jae-ha muttered.

"Of course she does. But I still get the feeling, that she will call me a traitor, to tell me to go to Soo-won in stead... But I don't want to. The man I befriended is not the King of Kouka..." I said.

"You kept that to yourself for so long...?" Yoon muttered.

"It get's worse and worse, trust me" I muttered, pulling up my hood and indicating that our conversation was over.

I curled up into a ball in the corner, trying to fall asleep.

"Did you know about this, Jae-ha?" Kija asked.

"Not the slightest clue" Jae-ha denied.

"Zeno?" Jae-ha asked in turn.

"Azumi told Zeno that she thinks of her self as a failure, but never something like this" Zeno denied.

"A failure...?" Yoon muttered.

"I think Hak mentioned it once. She risked her self, staying at the castle so the two could get away with less difficulty. I think since that moment, she's thought of her self as a traitor" Jae-ha said.

"I think everything is starting to click together. And I'm not liking it at all" Yoon agreed.

"It's hard to imagine... But what sought of pain did Azumi go through?"