Chapter 40

Something was off.

I creapt through the familiar hallway's, coming up to the princesses's bedroom.

"Who?" I heard her ask in side.

I slid open the door, shutting it and crept up behind the person. I stabbed him straight in the back and he slumped on the floor. Princess Tao gasped as she looked up at me.

"Azumi?" She asked.

"It's as I thought" I said, turning to the door as Algira stepped in.

"Ah, thank's Azumi" He smiled.

"What's going on?" Princess Tao asked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"You need to hide" Algira said.

"Got it" I said, picking up the body and putting him in the bottom of the closet.

"Sorry princess, but we need to leave" I said, lifting her up from the bed, as she was still in a daze.

"W-Wha?" She asked.

"Can you led a distraction?" I asked, turning to Algira.

"Of course" he grinned as he was surrounded by cats. He crept into the bed, the cats cuddling up with him.

I chuckled, shaking my head as I crept out side, sliding through the hallways and to a hiding spot in side.

"What is this place?" She asked.

"Where I always hid in hide and seek" I grinned.

"Where only Algira could find you? Genius!" She chuckled.

I suddenly threw out my hands, silencing her as I heard people rush past. There was loud thumping.

"It sounds like they found Algira" I muttered. I then frowned.

"It smells like..." I began.

"Oil" Princess Tao answered for me. The door threw open and Algira stood there.

"We need to get out!" he cried.

"Right" I said, pulling Princess Tao to her feet. We hurried through the building and when we came to the room beside the exit, we found that the whole room was aflame. 

"P-Princess Tao" Two guards coughed, coming up beside us.

"There you are!" Zeno gasped, suddenly bursting through the flames.

"Zeno!" I gasped in surprise.

"You... Mister Zeno!" Princess Tao gasped.

"Princess, thank goodness. Azumi too" He sighed with relief. 

"You shouldn't have come here! Please go back at once!" She gasped.

"Princess Tao... The mansion is..." The guard hesitated. 

"Collapsing!" Another cried as a major structural beam came flying out of nowhere.

"Zeno!" I screamed as he stepped behind Princess Tao, catching the beam.

"Mister Zeno!" Tao cried.

"It's fine! Just go!" Zeno cried. 

"Before it collapses, completely" Zeno continued. 

"But..." Tao began.

"It's fine. I may be incompetent but, getting burned alive will actually make me stronger... So..." Zeno began.

"What are you saying...?" Tao asked.

"I'm fine. I won't die" Zeno smiled. 

"The body of the yellow dragon exists precisely for times like these. The mansion will collapse... While I support the pillar, quickly..." Zeno began.