Chapter 8

Cold water seeped into my skin.

I zoned out, staring at the ocean before me. I'd fallen asleep against Jae-ha last night, but he had respectfully returned me to the birds nest. I was the first one awake, and here I was, contemplating whether to approach Yona and Hak or not.

I sighed, dropping my head, shaking the water off my face. I slapped my cheeks, snapping my self out of my trance. I had shown my weakness in front of Jae-ha, and he was definitely going to stick even closer to me today. So I have to control my self again.

"Okay, everything is fine..." I muttered to my self, looking to the sky.

"Everything..." I muttered again.

"Azumi?" A familiar voice called. I turned around and blinked at Yoon.

"Good morning" I smiled, waving to him.

"Are you okay? I called out to you 5 times" he said, frowning.

"Yes, I'm alright. Sorry, I'm still half asleep" I chuckled, jogging up to him.

"That's alright. I was wondering where the medicine is stored" Yoon said.

"Why do you need medicine?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as I headed toward's the temporary infirmary in the cave.

"Yona burnt her hand while I was making breakfast" he said. It took every ounce of self restraint not to flinch.

"Didn't we agree that I would be cooking today?" I asked as we stepped into the cave. Hak and Yona glanced up and went deadly silent.

"I thought you where still asleep..." he sweat dropped.

"That's alright, I'll just do the healing for the morning then" I smirked, walking over to where the medicine was stored.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"It's only fair" I smirked, raising an eyebrow at him before bending down and shuffling through the medicines. I muttered under my breath, naming the medicinal herbs as I looked through them.

"This should help with burns... And this too" I concluded, pulling out two herbs. I passed them to Yoon.

"Thank you!" He grinned. I glanced at Yona and Hak. Awkward tension was like a cloud around them. I smiled down to them, but it turned into a more sad smile. I really was a traitor...

"I'll be heading into town to restock the medicine. If anyone needs healing, just call Jae-ha" I chuckled. Yoon nodded, already pounding the herbs together.

"Alright, I'm off" I said, lifting up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder before striding forward.

"Be back for breakfast!" He called.

"I can't guarantee anything" I smirked, disappearing around the cave wall before he could argue.

I pulled up my hood as I strode into town, the stores just opening. I was silent now, a frown etched on my face. They had looked so shocked when I smiled at them...

"My dear, are you alright?" A familiar voice smirked. I clicked my tongue, instantly forgetting my confusion and sorrow, for it to be replaced with irritation.

"It's just as a presumed. I'm not going to be left alone today, am I?" I sighed, Jae-ha stepped in front of me as I crossed my arms.

"Nope!" He grinned.

"You where my contact with the pirates..." I sighed, thinking about how peeved Yoon was going to be.

"You don't want to spend a whole day with me?" He smirked.