Chapter 29

"Stop bowing to me" I scolded.

"We're sorry lady Azumi!" They gasped, scrambling to their feet.

"And don't call me lady Azumi!" I scolded. 

The leaders of Sensui where thanking me, but nobody else and I was getting agitated. Not only was I was surrounded by the sea girls, all of them marveling over my weight, beauty products I use, my height, my face, apparently I was the image of perfection, but also the soldiers marveling over my skills and how fearless I was in battle. And a couple of them on my beauty as well.

"Now, if you'll excuse me-" I began.

"Lady Azumi! Your hair is so soft~" One of the girls cooed, patting my hair. They all began scrambling, trying to touch my hair.

"Please unhand me" I complained. They didn't respond so I suddenly dropped, slithered through their legs and appeared at the side, coughing in my fist awkwardly.

"They're almost as bad as Lili" I shivered.

"That's right! Lady Lili!" I gasped, whirling around. I strode forward and just as I was reaching the main street, Soo-won, Joo-doh and his soldiers stepped out, all badly injured. I stopped dead, staring at them wide eyed. They strode right past me, not even meeting eyes.

"Good bye... Azumi..." Soo-won whispered as he passed. My eyes went even wider. No... It can't...

I ran forward, and skidded around the corner, assessing the situation quickly. Yona held Hak's hand, and he was still recovering, his face contorted in absolute rage. Everyone else was stunned.

"No..." I whispered, tearing up. Shin-ha noticed me and quickly ran over, catching me as I began to collapse. I had been stabbed in the stomach and my wound on my leg re-opened, so I had been going light headed anyway.

I landed on Shin-ha's lap, making everyone glance over.

"Azumi!" Lili cried in surprise, running over.

"She's bleeding..." Shin-ha muttered, moving his hand from my stomach and revealing his hand covered in my blood. They all stood there shocked.

But I was completely out of it, gripping onto Shin-has clothing.

"I failed..." I whispered over and over again. 

I was barely aware of tears pouring down my cheeks as Yoon lifted me up, assessing my wounds. But I didn't care, I could feel my conscious slipping away as I continued to whisper.

"I failed..." I sobbed, before passing out.

~Time skip~

"You came" I heard Yona say. I glanced up to find Lili walked toward's us.

I glanced back down, my hood falling slightly over my head. It was only a couple days ago that the battle had finished, and everyone was still in slight shock. Hak was in the tent back at the campsite, but I had insisted on seeing Lili. So I was leaning against Kija, after much argument between him and Jae-ha. Apparently Jae-ha wasn't to be trusted, especially in my weakened state.

"Are you alright?" Kija asked me, blushing from the proximity. I smiled up at him, nodding.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for being such a burden" I smiled up to him.

"N-Nonsense! It's my duty to help!" he declared, softly so he didn't interrupt the conversation in front of us. I chuckled up to him.

"Thank you" I smiled, turning back to the conversation in front of us.

"Is Azumi here?" Lili suddenly asked. Everyone blinked, surprised.

"Sup" I said, lifting up my arm and making a peace sign.