19

Frost's p.o.v
**************

   Chapter Nineteen: Shots Fired

I blink repeatedly, still shocked by Nova's sudden kiss. An unknown feeling sets in my stomach. Nova slowly sets me down, his face painted red.

I pat his shoulder, trying to get rid of the awkwardness. "You did nice bro," Cole walks up to us and puts him in a headlock. I awkwardly laugh and take a few steps back.

Manon grabs my arm and drags me away. Once we're at a far distance away from the gang, she turns to me with bug eyes.

"Dude he kissed you!" she screeches and I roll my eyes.

"It's not a big deal. Besides, it was on the cheek." I correct her. She slaps my hair multiple times.

"It still counts!" she exclaims. I glare at her and slap her arm back. "So, are you two a couple now? Oh my gosh! You guys should get together and make little Nova's and Fro-"

"Woah let me stop you there," I cut her off, "We are not a couple, and never will be."

"We can have double dates now!" she squeals, completely ignoring what I just said. I slightly move my head and notice Nova staring at me. Cole nudges his shoulder, but he doesn't budge. I shift uncomfortably on my feet.

"I, uh, got to go steal some kid's lunch money." I lie and start walking away. As I walk past Nova, my shoulder bumps into his arm. We both look at each other, but I look back down.

Ah.. this is awkward

I keep walking past him when he grabs my arm, stopping me. "Matthews wait,"

I stare at his hand clamped around my arm.

Fight me, Nova. I'll take him down so fast, faster than you can hi.

"Um, uh... are you- can you- do you want to go get some McDonald's with us? After we change though..." he asks, staring deeply into my eyes.

"Well, I do like McDonald's..."

Say no, dumbass.

Don't cuss at me.

Say no!!

Since you cussed at me, I'm going to say yes.

You're an idiot.

Technically you are because we're the same person.

I smile at him, "Sure why not? I could use a burger and some extra pounds." I make a double chin, and he chuckles.

What an idiot.

"Okay cool! Meet me and Cole by the car with everyone else in a few," he finally lets me go. The skin he touched tingles.

Not because he touched it, but because his hands are warm, and my arm is cold. It's simple science or knowledge. Whatever.

Manon skips up to me with an amused look, and I immediately smile like an idiot. "You don't like him huh?"

"Shut up," I laugh and she shakes my shoulders. "You tryna fight, Manon?" I then gently punch her in the gut.

"No, but where are we going to eat because I'm starving!" she exclaims.

"McDonald's," I sing and she punches the air.

"McDonald's sounds so good right now. I think I'll get a salad-"

"Hold up," I stop her, "What kind of person goes to a junk food restaurant, just to eat salad. Get a burger or an extra large fry. What is wrong with you woman?"