23

Frost's p.o.v
****************

   Chapter Twenty-three: I think I heard my heart crack.

(A/N: this is choppy and short bc i was having writers block AND IM WORKIN ON A LIL SUM SUM)

"But if you think about it, there is no word without a vowel,"

"Even vowel has a vowel."

"That is true."

"'Why' doesn't have any vowels."

"Uh, yes it does, Y is a vowel."

"Matthews, Y isn't a vowel."

"Uh huh. A, E, I, O, U and sometimes Y." I state proudly as I bite into my sandwich. Nova does his signature eye roll, which makes butterflies erupt in my stomach.

Over the past week, and few days, I've come to realize something important. And something I didn't want to happen.

I like him.

I like Nova.

I even Googled these 'symptoms'.

Holy crap, I was serious for a moment there. But yeah. I like the guy who doesn't like me. It's a shame really.

I'd be like, the perfect girlfriend because I would never cheat. I might eat your food, but that's it.

Oh god. Look at me, talking about becoming a girlfriend.

That'll never happen. I promised myself I would die old and alone.

I'll always be the friend. Like, hashtag friend zoned. Sigh. Tears of sadness.

It's two days before Christmas break, and my mom still hasn't given birth to my sister. I have a feeling that she's just chilling in my mom's stomach.

Ya know.

Taking her sweet time.

Watching some Spongebob...

Maybe snacking on some Doritos...

"Hey, I and Nova have a basketball game tonight. Do you want to come?" Cole asks me and Manon.

Ew.

More sweaty boys running and jumping, trying to shoot a ball in a net.

"Basketball? I thought you were football boys," I reply. "You know, the whole 'hut hut' and 'hike!' shinanagins."

"Coach says it's a 'filler game' if you would," Nova quotes with an eye roll and a sigh. "It's completely pointless if you ask me."

"Everything is pointless with you," I tease and lean forward on my arms, " "Even my life is pointless to you,"

In the arms of an angel.

"No it isn't," he whispers and dumps his leftover fries on my tray. "Why would you think that?"

"Why thank you, kind sir." I smile at him and start eating them. I take a glimpse of Cole helping Manon fiddle with her new camera.

Lovebirds.

"Hey Frost, Nova, look here really quick and smile," Cole says and points to the lens of the camera.

"Oo a photoshoot? I'm down for that," I say and scoot closer to Nova. I lie my head on his shoulder.

"Make sure you get my good side. I want to look young and innocent, not wrinkly, like an old granny's butt." Manon laughs.

Well. She's pleased, I see.