X.| Giving Up On Me

_____
"Anything you want, just let me cater to you, Inspire me from the heart, Can't nothing tear us apart" - Destiny's Child (Carter 2 U)
_____

_____"Anything you want, just let me cater to you, Inspire me from the heart, Can't nothing tear us apart" - Destiny's Child (Carter 2 U)_____

After calling Emerald three times, I was ready to hop out the car and go to her crib. I opened the glove compartment and grabbed my piece. At that point, I wouldn't even take into consideration her relationship with the nigga. If he was there, I was gonna put a bullet in his skull if he even seemed as if he was gonna flex. Lil' nigga got it coming from me anyway. I looked up, after securing my piece in my waistband and spotted Emerald coming through the path, and heading in my direction.

Allowing my body to relax, I removed the gun and put it back in the glove compartment, before getting out and meeting her halfway. I took the bag from her and side by side, we walked back to my whip in silence. Emerald jumped in as I tossed her bag in the back seat. Once I joined her, I looked over in her direction and just stared at her. She had her head back against the headrest with her eyes closed, silently crying. It hurt me to see her hurting, but part of me didn't want to feel bad for her. She bought that shit on herself.

I looked down and placed my hand on top of hers. She intertwined her fingers with mine, and I rubbed the back of her hand, while using my left to slide out of the parking space.

Even though I hated to ride in silence, I knew more than likely Emerald needed it, so I left the radio off and hit the highway. She was knocked out before we left the city, so I couldn't converse with her and pick her brain about how she was feeling. I guess that was probably a good thing because it gave me the time I needed to think about how I was feeling towards her and how I wanted to approach this situation. Emerald never failed to paint a fine line between she and I and maintain that all she wanted was friendship, I was cool with that.

However, I was going to have to make it clear to her that while I was here for being her friend or whatever she wanted, I wasn't going to keep being her go-to whenever that nigga did some shit she didn't like. Especially because all she was gonna do was go back to him.

Initially, when I hung up with Emmy, I had called Zali and asked her to book us last minute flights to Miami, but the next one with space wasn't until the morning. I needed to get her out of her environment, so I settled for the crib Taz owned on Jersey Shore. He had it since Gotti and I were in junior high school. During the summers, he would send us there with my moms for weeks at a time to keep us out the streets. It worked, for a little while, at least. The spot wasn't too far from the city, in case I needed to get back for business, but it was far enough to get her mind off the problems that waited for her back there.

When we pulled up to the rental, I lightly tapped her. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open and she turned her head in my direction without saying a word. The pain she was feeling radiated off of her, but I didn't mention it. Instead, I leaned forward and kissed her forehead.