IX.| Giving Up On Me

_____
"Baby don't let me down, I got a lot going on right now and I need you to hold me, need you to hold me." - Janine and the Mixtape (Hold Me)
_____

After a long day of working all I wanted, no, all I needed was a hot shower and my bed

After a long day of working all I wanted, no, all I needed was a hot shower and my bed. Even though I was beyond exhausted, I couldn't complain. My career was taking off and moving faster than I expected. Feels like just yesterday, I was doing chicks makeup that I went to high school with, and now here I was booking wedding parties and paving a way for myself. Definitely wasn't complaining about that.

Although, I had been staying at Eden's since Jeremiah's little coke ordeal, I wanted my bed for one last night, until Eden's guest room became my permanent residence. I was still even debating if that's where I would be staying. I had a lot to consider before leaving Jeremiah for good, but I had one foot out the door.

For some reason, I couldn't seem to get home fast enough. It seemed as if the harder the cab driver pushed down on the pedal of the car, the slower it seemed to move. Obviously, that wasn't the case, but it's how I felt. I was dead tired.

Finally, I was able to see the view of my building and got excited. Once the cab came to a stop, I wasted no time pushing the door open and rushing out. I shuffled up the street expeditiously, I could feel the memory foam of my bed already. When I finally made it upstairs to the apartment, I let out a huge sigh.

As expected, Jeremiah wasn't home. I didn't have the energy to invest in thoughts of where he could have been. Honestly, it wasn't even a concern of mine anymore, I was beyond the 'not giving a fuck stage'.

Making it to the bedroom wasn't an option. I had been on my feet for ten hours, and they were screaming for me to relieve them from the six-inch heels that I decided to wear today. I plopped down on the couch and did just that. I leaned back and rested my head on the back of the couch just as my phone started vibrating, alerting me that someone had texted me had. I felt around the side of my slacks, before slipping my hand into my pockets to get the phone. On the screen was a message from Eden.

Pud: You corny af for not linking up with us when you got off, this party is what you need. The minute that nigga start acting up take your ass back to my place, Em.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. She probably was right about the party being what I needed but what I didn't have the energy to do, was party. And even more than that, I didn't have time or energy to argue about Jeremiah. So I didn't answer. My phone vibrated again. I thought it was a follow-up text from Eden, but it wasn't This time, there was a message from a number that I didn't recognize.

347-754-8912: Emerald I think it's time for you to know the truth about your man. I'm really tired of having to keep me and the child I'm going to bring into the world, any day now...