VIII.| Giving Up On Me

_____
"That nigga was a lesson, why you stressin'?
Baby, don't you miss your blessing, know you're hesitant." - Chris Brown (Other Niggas)
_____

I walked into the apartment expecting to find Jeremiah waiting

I walked into the apartment expecting to find Jeremiah waiting. Again, it had been a whole week seen we seen each other. I know getting him to act as if he missed me or cared about how I was recovering would be too much, but he could have at least pretended to. Imagine my surprise when I walked into a filthy ass house and Jeremiah was nowhere to be found.

I stumbled over champagne bottles, and other trash while trying to make my way through the apartment. The minute I stepped into the kitchen, I thought I was going to empty my stomach of the lunch I had a few hours before. Dishes were piled up in the sink, the garbage was overflowing, and the smell, the smell that assaulted my nostrils had to be illegal. It smelled as if something decided to find shelter in my kitchen and died there. I was completely repulsed by the entire scene.

What confused me was that, I was just here this morning. When I left, everything was fine. Jeremiah couldn't keep it together for shit, and honestly, I was tired of dealing with it. I should have listened to everyone who told me to walk away years ago. I thought he would change. You know they say with age comes wisdom.

We definitely got older, but he didn't get wiser. Maybe he did but was just at the 'fuck Emerald' stage, the 'Emerald ain't going nowhere so let me continue to do whatever I wanted' stage. He had the game, life, and me completely fucked up. The only thing that kept me around that long was my loyalty. Yeah, I loved him but at that point, love wasn't enough.

I stalked to the back of the apartment. The quicker I got to my room, the quicker I could pack a bag and head to Eden's. I thought about Zion saying I could come to his home whenever I needed to, but, I didn't want to use him that way. He wasn't just good for when I needed to take my mind off of Jeremiah or to get away from him, and I wasn't going to treat him as if that was the extent of what he could do for me.

Although I knew Eden would hit me with a ton of shit I didn't need or want to hear, it had to be her. If Jeremiah thought, I was coming in after he was gone an entire week, doing only God knows what and was going to clean up his mess, he had another thing coming. I was about to walk into the bedroom we shared when I heard low music coming from the other end of the hall. Taking a detour, instead of heading to my bedroom, I walked in the direction of the music, toward the room Jeremiah used as a man cave. I stopped at the door and took a deep breath. I had no idea what I was going to find on the other side of the door but one thing was for certain, I had enough of it all.

Slowly, I turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. Nothing in the world could have prepared me for what I saw.

"What the fuck is going on?" I barked.