XI.| Giving Up On Me

Short Chapter

_____
"The situation getting critical. I watch so many tears fall. I know she's not what you, so why you keep on holding on, when, I'm right here." - Monica (Don't gotta go home)
_____

This New York City traffic was the fucking blow

This New York City traffic was the fucking blow. I swear it shouldn't have been taking me this long to make it from the Bronx to Queens where I was meeting my half of a nigga. Not to mention it was like all the damn truck drivers decided to hop on the highway at the same time. Had me looking around all nervously like they were about to morph into Auto bots and Decepticons and have a damn battle. My phone started ringing and interrupted the music I had playing. Glancing down at the dashboard, I saw Zion's name scrolling across so I tapped the phone button on the steering wheel.

"Oh, you finally crawled up out of Emerald's pussy, huh?"

"Shut the fuck up, clown. Where you at?" Zion questioned.

"Stuck in traffic on my way to queens to meet my friend for lunch. You home?" Zion was rude as hell. Before answering me, he had a quick side conversation with someone he was with.

"Hello, are you home?"

"Yeah, I'm at the shop had to handle something, gonna go check Zy now. Just was letting you know I was back."

"Aight, give my baby a kiss for me. Oh, and how is Emerald?"

Emerald and my brother has this weird ass relationship. Whenever I was around the two of them, I could always sense the unspoken feelings that they had toward each other, but since they wanted to pretend like they were just the best of friends, I kept my mouth closed. While I was here for them exploring whatever, she was involved with some weak ass dude and knowing how my brother was, he didn't need that in his life.

The last thing I would allow is a chick to be the cause of any drama in my brother's life. They better take heed to where his baby mother at now. Trina was drama on top of fucking drama, and now, she was nonexistent unless it came to my niece.

"She good. I dropped her off at the bus station before I came here."

"Where she going?"

"Li, you have her number. Call her, and hit me when you come back to Brooklyn. Come to the crib tonight."

"Fine. Bye Zion." Hitting the call button to disconnect the call, I went back to jamming to my 90' s playlist on Apple Music. By the time I got to queens, my mood was completely shot. All I needed now was for this nigga to say or do something I didn't like and I was going to go off.