07; I Can't Handle This Alone

*Keeleighs POV*

It felt like I was running forever before I finally had to stop to catch my breath. I just collapsed onto the pavement and broke down, tears streaming down my face ruining my make up. I just told Katie I couldn't be friends with her anymore! Why did I do that? She was the best thing I had in my life right now and I just ruined it. I fucking hate myself. I just couldn't handle that though, it was a slap in the face. I didn't know if I would be able to live a life like that.

Suddenly, I felt someones hand on my shoulder. It felt safe, secure, like it belonged to someone who truely cared about me. I looked up to see Jay crouched down in front of me, his lovely blue eyes filled with worry holding my gaze. He came after me? He's so sweet.

"Keeleigh, are you alright?" he breathed out catching his breath.

"I-I'm sorry, I just had to get out, I couldn't deal with that. I just told my best friend I can't be friends with her anymore and I hate myself for it. But I don't know if I can live a life like that Jay, I really don't. Knowing that it could possibly lead to disaster, I couldn't face losing my best friend and I've just ruined our friendship" I ranted, tears still streaming down my face.

Jay wiped the tears from under my eyes and held my hands in his.

"Hey, Hey, It's alright. Stop the tears babe!" Jay said. He just called me babe, oh my lord!

"Look, I know this is a shock to you, it was a shock to me at first as well and I didn't think I could handle it either. But this made me closer to the boys, I saw that I couldn't lose friendships that were so important to me over this. Yeah they weren't human but they were to begin with and they are just like all of us. Katie is too important to you, I can see that. Do you really want to lose that friendship that you two have over something like this. Katie needs you right now Keeleigh, she can't handle this alone. You won't be handling it alone either because you will have eachother. You can do this, you just needed time to realise it. Believe me, Katie and I will be with you every step of the way. Now you need to get in there and talk to Katie" he told me.

He loves Katie and I do too. He was right. I cannot lose this friendship I have with her over this. She's going to need me for support. But if I go back in there she's just going to shout at me. We are going to argue because she now thinks I want nothing more to do with her. I don't know how she is going to take it.

"I know I need to be there for her, but I can't go back in there. She's just going to shout at me because she thinks I want nothing more to do with her. And do you really think I'll be able to handle this Jay?" I ask him.

"Keeleigh, you and Katie are two of the strongest girls I have met. I know for a fact that both of you will be able to handle it. You've got eachother and Me and the lads will be there for you too. I'm sure Katie won't shout at you. You just need to explain to her why you said what you did. She will understand and she will forgive you, trust me" he told me looking straight into my eyes.

Oh my god I just wanted to kiss him right now but it was taking every ounce of energy I had to stop myself.

"Thankyou Jay, Your lovely" I said. He stood up and held out his hand to help me up. I took his hand and he pulled me up. We walked back to Katie's house and I nervously walked in the door.

*Katie's POV*

"Your back? I thought you wanted nothing more to do with me?" I said as Keeleigh walked back in the bedroom door.

Tom, Siva, Nathan and Max had turned their heads to the door to see Jay walk in with Keeleigh behind him.

"Katie, just hear her out. She has a reason for running out" Jay said to me. I nodded not wanting to argue with Jay and wiping the tears of anger from my face.

"Katie..." Keeleigh said nervously. I held eye contact with her for a few seconds waiting for her to talk.

"I'm sorry I ran out, it was a massive shock and I couldn't handle it. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle a life like this but Jay spoke to me and I realised you need me to support you and I should be here for you. You are my best friend after all and I don't want to lose our friendship" She said.

"You didn't think you could handle this? How do you think I felt, they've been my best friends for most of my life and I didn't know. It hit me like a slap in the face too babe." I said to her. She nodded and I could see the sorrow in her eyes. She truely regretted what she said.

"I do need you here to support me because there is no way I'm going to be able to handle them being paranormal beings with out you. I need you to be by my side every step of the way and I hope you will".

"I'm sorry Katie, I will be here to support you" she spoke with tears running down her face. She looked like she was about to break down and I ran towards her and flung my arms round her neck. I nearly sent her flying backwards but she held herself up.

I looked over at Jay, he was now sat on the bad with the other lads smiling at us, and mouthed "thankyou". He nodded and I buried my face into Keeleighs shoulder.

After a few minutes we pulled away and smiled at eachother. I turned to the boys.

"So the first full moon is tonight right?" I asked Max.

"Yeah" he replied. "We are prepared though, we do the same thing everytime and it hasn't had any consequences so far".

"Yeah, we will be fine so don't you worry your cute little head!" Siva replied. I giggled and blushed slightly.

"Can we come with you two? And you know, see you all wolfed up?" Keeleigh asked before I even opened my mouth again. It was like she knew what I was thinking and what I was about to say. This isn't the first time this has happened, she does it all the time. This is why she is my best friend. She thinks like me and we have so much in common.

Max and Siva looked surprised and all the guys looked at them. You could see the idea of us being there worried them.

"You want to see us like that? I don't think you can girls sorry" Siva said.

"But why not? Your my best friends" I replied.

"It will be too dangerous for you, once we are in full wolf mode who knows what we will do" Max told us. "I can't put someone I care about in that much danger, we could hurt you Katie and I couldn't risk that" He said to me, worry clear in his eyes.

"But I know you won't hurt us. You care about me and I can tell you would never do anything to hurt me. Please?" I pleaded. I gave him the puppy dog eyes and I know he can't resist me when I do that.

"Alright fine, but you girls need to promise to do exactly what we say ok?" Max said to Keeleigh and I. I looked at Keeleigh and we both said "Yay" at the same time. We knew this could possibly be dangerous for us, but for some reason we liked the idea of being in that danger. I knew that Max and Siva wouldn't hurt me, but I was about to risk that chance with them when they were all wolfed up. What if they forget who people are and don't recognise them when the full moon takes over them? Would they hurt me then? I guess I was going to find out tonight.