05; the revelation

Lost in my own thoughts, I was completely unaware that Keeleigh had stopped talking and was now looking at the door which had opened slowly. After a minute or two, I snapped out of it and turned to face the door now that I had noticed Keeleigh had stopped talking.

Stood in the doorway was all 5 of the lads.

"We heard the step creak and we saw you running up the stairs. Care to explain something girls!?" Max asked us.

Keeleigh and I exchanged looks, and knowing exactly what I was thinking, she nodded at me. I turned back to face the guys.

"Ok, we were trying to find out more about Tom and Nathan because we don't know what they are like but we heard something which shocked us. We ran back upstairs because we didn't want you to know we were listening" I said.

"There" Keeleigh spoke. "We've explained, your turn to explain now" she said looking at Siva with a stern look in her eyes. Will they tell us?

"We heard you ask the boys if they were ready for the full moon, what do you mean?" She quizzingly asked Jay. Jay exchanged looks with the rest of the lads as if to say 'Katie is old enough, I think it's time we tell her'. They looked back at me, all with concern in their eyes. This was it! We were going to find out something big.

"Well" Max began. He took a seat on the bed next to me and cupped my hands in his looking straight into my eyes.

"I want you to promise that you won't tell a soul if we tell you Katie, the same goes to you Keeleigh" he said.

"We won't" we said in unison. "I just want to know what the hell is going on!" I continued.

Jay, Seev, Nath and Tom were all stood at the door watching silently.

"Ok, here goes. When we were a bit younger, Seev and I had gone for a walk in the woods. We were friends before we met Jay and the others. Anyway, we were walking through the woods when we came across a man lying still on the floor" he told.

*Flashback - Max's POV*

Seev and I just walking through the woods like we do every now and then when we need to get out of the house.

"Hey Seev, there is a man on the floor and he doesn't look like he's ok. Let's go over and see" I said.

"Ok" Seev replied and we rushed over to this man, completely unaware of what we were about to get ourselves into.

"Excuse me sir, are you alright?" Seev asked him.

No reply. I reached out slowly to touch him and almost touched his face when he leapt up and made Seev and I jump back. He gave us a heart attack. Next thing we know, we are standing staring at this guy who was no longer in human form. Yeah he looked like a human but he had different features. His eyes were now hazel and bloodshot and he had fangs that glistened in the moonlight as it was now dark. He had claws where his fingernails should be.

Before we had a chance to register what was happening, he had come charging toward us and pinned me down on the ground. Seev came rushing over to help me but he was too late. This dude had bit me! BIT ME! I saw Seev pulling on him to get him off me before I heard a crack and everything went dark! This guy broke my neck!

*Siva's Pov*

This guy has just snapped my best mates neck! He's dead. I stared at Max's lifeless body lying on the floor. I turned and looked at the guy, anger in my eyes. Before I had a second to think, he pounced on me! He bit me on the neck and I screamed in pain. He did this to Max and then snapped his neck so I knew what was coming next. I braced myself and stared into his eyes. I was right. There was a loud SNAP! And then everything went dark...

I woke up to what felt like the sun beating down on my face. I opened my eyes and realised I was in the forest. How did I get here? What happened? I looked to my right and saw Max. He stirred, opening his eyes looking at me. He seemed just as confused as I was... And then suddenly it all came back to me! I started remembering what happened. The fear in Max's eyes when he was bitten, and the snapping of his neck. His lifeless body laying on the ground....

"Wait a minute!" I said aloud without realising.

"How are we alive right now!?" I asked Max. He looked at me, even more confused now then he was before.

"What do you mean?" He questioned me. "What happened?".

"That man last night, he.... He..." I stuttered trying to hold back the tears as I remembered what I had seen last night.

"He bit our necks and then... Snapped them! He killed us Max! How are we alive?!" I said. Then it suddenly struck.... He bit us before he killed us. We are alive right now... Oh no!

"Max, we are werewolves! He turned us" I said looking at Max. The horror in his eyes as I told him. Tears were silently dripping down his face. What were we meant to tell our parents? And Katie.

*end of flashback*

I came back to reality slowly and realised I had told Katie and Keeleigh the last part of the story.

This was it. We had told her. How was she going to react?

Max and I looked at Katie waiting patiently for her reaction. She was just staring at Max in complete shock, a look of horror on her face.

"Katie?" Max and I said in unison.

"Err sorry, I'm just trying to process it all. Your both werewolves and you transform fully when then the full moon arrives?" Katie asked.

We nodded and before we could say another word and explain why we hadn't told her until now, Katie had got up off the bed and bolted out the door. We ran after her and found her sat at the top of the stairs with her head in her hands, sobbing. I knelt down next to her and so did max.

"We are sorry we didn't tell you sooner, we wanted to make sure you would fully understand. And we understand if you want nothing more to do with us again. I hope that you won't want that though" Max said.

I sat there for a minute and let Max talk while I contemplated what I would do if she didn't want me in her life anymore. A single tear ran down my cheek at the thought of losing her and my thoughts were interrupted when she spoke.

"Of course I don't want that, I love you both all the same. This doesn't change how we are. I will just need time to process it, I'm just upset that you didn't tell me sooner but I completely understand why. And I'm upset that two of my best friends went through such a horrible ordeal" she said.

She hugged both me and Max before my thoughts turned to Keeleigh. How would she take it? Suddenly, like she had read my mind, Katie jumped up and said "Keeleigh!"

{This chapter is dedicated to @chasing_TW! To say thankyou for the follow :') }