03: Jealousy

"Thankyou" I replied to them still looking in their eyes in turn. They smiled and winked at me and I felt my knees go weak. How could they have this control over me when I have only just meant them!?

"Right, now that's out of the way, let's get this party started!" I heard Max say. Nathan and Tom walked past me and I only just noticed the room was decorated. There was 'Happy birthday Katie' banners up on the windows and doors, bunting hanging from the ceiling, and multicoloured balloons everywhere. On a small table in the corner was stacks of birthday presents.

I walked over to the table dragging Keeleigh with me, and we had just reached table when I heard a familiar voice behind me. It was Max. He got really close, hugging from behind, and spoke into my ear.

"May I have a birthday dance with the birthday girl? I've put on your favourite song" he said softly.

Sure enough he had! I could hear 'Show Me Love' playing in the background. I looked to Keeleigh and she nodded as if to say 'you go, I want to talk to Jay'. I was right. As Max pulled me away to go dance, I looked back and saw Keeleigh head over to Jay.

*Tom's POV*

I can't get over how beautiful she is. She's perfect! And I think she could be my one true love. Her blue eyes that shine like the sea, and the way her hair falls flawlessly over her shoulders. I have to get to know her. Woah stop Tom! She's looking at you, say happy birthday.

"Happy birthday" I said. I quickly looked to Nath and I could see in his eyes that he thought she was beautiful too! Am I really going to have to compete with my band mate for a girl?

*Nath's POV*

How is it even possible? It feels like I've walked into a room when an angel fell from the sky just minutes before. She's flawless, I want to know if she's as beautiful on the inside. The way her hair falls and those eyes.... Those eyes! My train of thoughts came to an abrupt halt when I felt Tom look at me. I turned to look at him too and we smiled at each other for a brief moment before we turned back to Katie and she thanked us. I have her a quick wink before thinking about what I just noticed in Tom!

I could see it, he likes her too! Am I going to have to compete with my band mate to maybe win the love of this girl?

*Tom's POV*

My thoughts stopped when Max said to get the party started. Nath and I walked over to the drinks table to speak to the rest of the band. Max walked off just as we got there, put on a song and then walked up to Katie. I poured out a drink for Nath and myself before turning round and seeing Max so close to her before pulling her into a dance. I felt something stir inside me.

What was this?! Jealousy? I guess it was! She looked so beautiful and happy dancing with Max and I just couldn't help it! I think I'm falling for her..... But I don't even know her yet! I've decided that my mission is to spend more time with her and get to know her...

*Nath's POV*

'I love Tom like a brother, but if I have to compete with him to get to know Katie, then that is what I'll do' I thought to myself. Once again, my thoughts were stopped; this time by Max saying to get the party started. I walked over to the drinks with Tom and he poured me one.

I was about to thank him when I noticed he had turned around and was intensely watching Max with Katie. Max hugging her and speaking into her eye like that.... I found myself wanting to go over there and stop him, a rest list forming in my eyes. Oh. My. God. I'm jealous? I'm falling for her and I don't know her! The rest mist faded as I brought myself to this realisation. I need to control myself!

I watched as Max pulled Katie into a dance. She looked so happy with Max... I wish that was me. 'Maybe I can sneak a dance off her later' I said aloud without realising. Tom didn't hear me luckily so I was safe.

*Keeleighs POV*

I walked over to Jay and started speaking to him.

"Hi Jay, I'm Keeleigh. How are you?" I asked him.
"Hi Keeleigh, nice to meet you! I'm good thankyou, how are you?" He replied. His voice.... oh my lord I'm dead!
"I'm good too thankyou, just wanted to introduce myself so there was no awkwardness. Have a great time" I said before smiling and walking away.

As I began to walk away, I noticed Tom and Nath watching Max and Katie.
It made me stop and look at them. I could see the jealousy in their eyes... Oh my god! They like her! I have to tell her! I looked back to see Katie so happy with Max and I didn't want to pull her away from that on her birthday. I'll tell her tomorrow.

Nathan and Tom seem alright, not sure if I'd like it if Katie got with one of them though so I better do my research. I just know if one of them got with her and hurt her, I would kill them. I introduced myself to them and they seemed friendly, although I'm not entirely convinced. It could all be an act.... I put this to the back of my mind and walked over to introduce myself properly to Seev as Max was still dancing with Katie; this time to 'We Own The Night'. He's such a cutie.

After I had spoken to Seev, I was just going to speak to Katie's mum when I heard a voice. It was Jay. I spun around to see him calling my name with a drink in his hand! I suppressed the butterflies in my stomach and walked back to him.