"Fine. Can I at least say hello?"

"Go already."

Delilah watched with utter amusement as Natalia made a determined but sultry walk towards Rick. A perturbed expression flooded his face but his eyes stayed on Delilah the whole time. She wasn't sure if she'd ever get used to the way he focused on her. It always left her flattered that she could garner his attention with such ease.

"Hi, Rick." Natalia's words burst forth on a giggle and Delilah had to stifle a laugh at her starry eyed gaze.

"Lil, you had better be on your way over here to save me." Rick backed away from Natalia's keen smile.

"All I wanted was to invite you to come out with me on the weekend. Lila can come too." Natalia tacked on the last bit as if her friend became an afterthought.

"Nat, I already told you that we're busy this weekend."

"Maybe next weekend?" Natalia turned hopeful eyes to Rick.

"If Lil wants to go." He shrugged.

"She's going whether she likes it or not." Natalia crossed her arms.

"We're leaving now." Delilah stepped towards the car when Rick moved to get in the drivers seat.

"Don't forget me!" Natalia called out as they drove away.

"I still can't believe she's your friend." Rick shook his head but Delilah chose not to comment.

"Did you remember my suitcase?"

"Of course. I did recall your strict instructions." He winked.

"Good. Horror movies here we come." She clapped her hands together and Rick laughed.

"Do you want to know your fathers last words of wisdom to me?" he glanced her way.

"Hell no."

"I'm telling you anyway. He reminded me to that you have a contraceptive injection, which you had last month. Then he said that if I had any diseases that I should use protection to look after you."

Delilah's mouth dropped open in horrific mortification. Her father always managed to embarrass her in any situation. The truth of her fathers thoughts now left her blushing as she realised his meaning.

"Oh, my God! Dad thinks we're going away for a dirty weekend." Delilah exclaimed.

"Yep." Rick grinned as if it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard.

"That old man and his ideas. I wish he'd bloody keep them to himself sometimes." She placed her head in her hands to try and stem her bright red face.

"What if were? Would that make a difference in your reaction?"

If anything, Delilah's blush only deepened. She stared up at him slack jawed with shock at his suggestion. That all over tingling she had whenever she thought of anything naughty with Rick left her shivering. Was that what Rick had planned?

"I... why would you ask me that?" she blurted out.

"Alright, think of it this way. What if I gave you those tickets with the intention of having a dirty weekend?"

"You should never say the word dirty in that tone." She muttered as her mind became even more muddled.

"Answer the question, Lil."

"Ugh, I'm not answering such a loaded question." She crossed her arms.

"Fine," he sighed but then admitted. "That's not why I bought the tickets."