Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Delilah spent the rest of the week in an excited and quite delirious haze. Sure, Rick hadn't touched her much or kissed her again, but she noticed him glancing her way all the time. Now as she cleared up her classroom for another week, she couldn't wipe the grin from her face.

"So, out of curiosity, are you going to let the rock star out to play?" Natalia asked as she entered the room.

"Out to play where exactly, Nat?" Delilah raised her amused gaze to her friend.

"I wanted to go to the club on Saturday night. Would you two like to join me?" Natalia couldn't hide her enthusiasm as she bounced on her toes.

"Sorry, but we're going out of town to a horror movie event."

"Don't tell me he likes those stupid movies!" Natalia gasped.

"No, he's not that into horror but he likes the way I laugh at the most dramatic scenes."

"I swear you two have something going, don't you?"

"Friends do things together, Nat. It doesn't have to mean anything." Delilah busied herself with tidying a bunch of the children's artwork.

"Hey, you're blushing. Something happened. Tell me now. Please." Natalia went from shocked to overly excited and straight onto pleading.

"Whatever happened between Rick and I is absolutely none of your business."

"That means it's something good." Natalia rubbed her hands together with a wicked laugh.

"I'm not talking about this anymore."

"I've been good. Nobody knows he's here."

"Look we haven't had sex or anything like that so stop using that sticky beak of yours to snoop." Delilah pointed her finger at her friend.

"You are turning into such a bore."

"Ha ha, you're just jealous that he's not living in your house." Delilah turned a smug grin at her.

"I can't deny that," Natalia let out a long winded sigh. "I'm only trying to live vicariously through your life with said hunk. Is it too much to wish I could have one awesome night with the man?"

"My answer to that is yes. He's a person, not just the persona that you know."

"But..."

"Nat, if you don't mind, I have a plane to catch." Delilah picked up her bag and went to walk out of the door.

"I'm hoping you have a good time but you know I'm secretly lusting after his body."

"Oh, I know that truth," Delilah stepped from the room only to poke her head back inside. "And I'm going to have a great time, thank you very much." She laughed as her friend grumbled.

As promised, Rick waited outside the school building for her. He leaned back against the car glancing to and fro as if looking for her.

With his familiar cap in place, it darkened his face and hid those eyes that often enchanted her. His beard had begun to cover his face and obscure those familiar, famous features. With well worn jeans that hugged his body and a t-shirt, he blended in but stood out all at once.

Delilah decided that he still appeared just as handsome with a beard as without. As she approached him, she saw those mischievous hazel eyes and his grin that made her heart flutter as usual.

"You didn't tell me he was coming to pick you up!" Natalia exclaimed, which distracted Delilah's observations.

"Nat, you need to keep quiet." Delilah aimed a glare towards where Natalia had followed her.