Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Delilah was in a Rick induced daze until halfway through the show. She sang his songs along with him, danced around and cheered right along with the cheering crowd.

It wasn't until a hush came over the crowd that Delilah stilled. She glanced around her and then to the stage, where Rick stood alone in the spotlight. The hushed voices around her told her of what an unusual occurrence this seemed to be.

"I wanted to thank you all for coming tonight. I have a special song that I'd promised I'd play for someone tonight. Today I think was the first day that I've ever appreciated the friends I have in this life.

"My grandfather died two days ago and he's always believed in my dreams," Rick's voice cracked but he kept talking. "I asked a friend to give up their weekend and come out here to see me. She made me a bunch of rules that I had to do until she got here. She understood my pain because she lost her mother a few years ago.

"One of the things she told me to do was to write the song that I've never been able to do for my pop. I tried but I couldn't do it until I thought about someone who truly deserved a song. The words flowed out of me then and I now have a new song. I want to sing it for you but I need you all to know that I only wrote it today, so it's not perfect."

"Sing!" the crowd shouted the word while Delilah stood there in shock.

She hadn't believed that he'd written a song but she'd been happy to find him sober when she arrived. Now she stood there flabbergasted without a clue of what to say. The second he began to strum the guitar; the whole audience seemed to focus solely on him. Delilah could stop herself from staring right along with them.

"You're the one who matters most

But you don't know it.

You're the one who I need most

But I don't show it.

You've seen me through the best times

And now you've seen me through the worst,

Because you're my D girl."

Delilah raised her hand to her mouth when she realised he'd written a song for her. With wide eyes, she stared at him as he continued to sing another verse of the song. Never in her life had she felt so absurdly flattered. Rick had written a song for her.

The rest of the concert flowed by in a blur. It wasn't until she stood outside of that room of his where a bunch of other women stood that she found her voice again.

"Get in line." A woman grumbled from behind her.

Delilah turned to the voice only to find a woman pointing behind her. That was the first time she realised that a cue had lined up to see Rick. Delilah had headed straight for the door, wanting to check on his welfare but that didn't seem to work with this crowd.

"I've got my pass and I need to see him." Delilah stated making her the focus of all the women.

"Then you should have got in line first, honey." The woman who was first in line smirked at her and waved a pass.

"For goodness sake! The poor guy lost his grandfather, can't you have any sympathy, let alone respect for his space." Delilah huffed.

"You're in line too, so its not like you can talk." The first girl laughed.

"Ma'am." A deep voice sounded from behind her and she turned to see Louis.

"Hey, can you get me through to him?"

"Come with me."

Delilah's relief made her sag. When Louis turned in the opposite direction, she puzzled over the move but she followed him. Louis led her to a posh vehicle with dark tinted windows and Delilah raised her brows.