☠️ Chapter - 6 ☠️

Song: This Is What You Came For - Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna

Jaine

     I sat in front of detective Arthur and police officer Mr. Elroy to discuss about the case. They wanted me to tell what actually happened yesterday since Mr. Black had requested him to not to hassle me right after what had happened.

James told me that he was going to give me a phone call today for my own statement.

I told them everything what happened yesterday feeling embarrassed and disgusted simultaneously. I also told them everything I knew about Jack. Since he was not a 'gentleman' everyone was bound to talk about him and of course, he visited the diner almost every weekend.

"You mentioned that he had coffee before heading off to his home, right?" James asked scratching his head.

"Yes, maybe that was what he originally visited the diner for" I said. I recalled seeing him drinking coffee and then leaving immediately.

"We don't know for sure if he did leave for his home right after he left the diner. Unfortunately for him, he was driving his car by himself. He didn't have his chauffeur with him yesterday" Detective Arthur said as he played with the paperweight in his hands.

"Who complained for his missing report?" I asked looking at both of them intently.

"His house guard. He told us that he was supposed to be home at around seven in the evening and he left the diner by six, right?" Detective Arthur asked.

"Yes, he did" I nodded.

"Moreover, his guard told us that he isn't the most sociable type person. He lives alone in his penthouse, has one friend, rarely goes to parties. He prefers going to business trips more than he'd like to stay at home or go to the club with his friends" James added.

"So the guard waited till morning to come and file the missing report?" I queried.

"He had filed his missing report late last night but it didn't get to media until this morning. The man has no family whom we could contact but we did contact his one friend. You never know about these rich people. He could have gone to a business trip and you wouldn't know until he lands back here" James grumbled.

"I saw on the tv that the police suspects that it could be the psycho murderer or what if it's Jack who has escaped prison to take revenge on him and then, eventually me?" I asked feeling scared for mine & Mr. Black's life.

Arthur looked at me "We do suspect that too and search is going on. We tried to trace his car and his phone number but we came out blank. Nothing. It's like he just disappeared. Don't worry about Jack we wouldn't let him get to you" he assured.

"At what time did Jack escape?" I asked them.

"He escaped after only being thirty minutes in the police station" James said looking shameful.

Just then the door opened and Walden entered. He smiled at me and shook hands with officer Elroy and detective Arthur. I saw Arthur's cheek flush red when he shook his hands with him and my eyes widened.

Walden seemed unaware of his reaction towards him and I fought to keep my smile from breaking out.

When he sat down beside me I leaned in to whisper "Thank you for coming." He smiled at me "He finished his work surprisingly early and I came here as fast as I could."

Officer Elroy told him all the details about Jack and Mr. Black and I looked at Arthur from the corner of my eyes to see him looking at Walden sneakily.

"What would you do if it indeed is Jack and he comes to harms my wife?" Walden asked, anger clear in his eyes but he kept his face calm.

"I can assure we wouldn't let any harm come to Mrs. Austen here. If you want we can place some officers outside of your house" James said seriously.

"No, don't because I go to college everyday and he wouldn't come to harm me there because of the crowd" I reassured.

"Okay then I'd come to pick you up everyday and leave office early" Walden said with a face which read 'No further arguments on this' and I nodded.

After discussing some more details we left the police station and I handed the car keys to Walden.

"You can drive if you want to, love" he said, offering the keys to me.

"No I'd rather sit comfortably in this cold weather and let you drive" I said running to the car to get inside fast in the safety of the heater.

I heard him chuckling and unlocking the car. I got inside immediately and he started driving.

"So what do you think about Detective Arthur?" I asked him trying to keep the smile from breaking out.

"What do you mean?" He gave me a confused look.

"You didn't notice the glances he gave you and his flushed cheeks around you?" I teased.

"Come on love, you are getting jealous over a man now?" He laughed.

"Who said I'm getting jealous? I'm telling you what I saw, Wald" I said to him.

"But I didn't notice that. I'll keep it in mind the next time we meet him" he said "however, I can't deny the fact that you're jealous" he teased.

I rolled my eyes "I'm not. I find this situation too amusing to get jealous."

"So you don't have a problem if your husband goes and have an affair with someone else? Not even bothered if it's a man?" He asked as he stopped the car in front of our house.

I turned to look at him "Of course, I'd have a lot of problem if you go and have an affair with someone-"

He cut me off by kissing me unexpectedly. He picked me up and placed me on his lap all the while not removing his lips from mine.

"Don't worry I wouldn't let Jack harm you, I promise" he said when we broke off the kiss. I smiled at him.

We got inside the house and I went to our bedroom to change my clothes. I found a note lying there when I came out of the bathroom.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to come and rip the man into pieces, love.

I froze reading it. Walden would never write something like this. Although he may think like this when he's angry like anybody else but he wouldn't do it.

I ran downstairs to ask him if he had written this note and those two I got before.

"What notes are you talking about Jaine?" He asked and I felt my body going cold.

A/N: What do you think of this chapter?

Just where is Jaine's saviour?