☠️ Chapter - 3 ☠️

Song: On The Floor - Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull

Jaine

                  I tossed and turned in the bed all night because of three reasons. Number one - I couldn't shake off the creepy man out of my mind. Number two - Walden didn't believe me and we argued. Number three - This mattress wasn't as soft as in our bedroom.

I got up to prepare breakfast. Today is Saturday which means no college but Walden sometimes work on Saturdays and he has to go today.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it. What if Walden is right? But I did see the brooch on his coat twinkling.

I prepared breakfast for the both of us and Walden strolled in the kitchen ready for work. He kissed my cheek and made himself comfortable on the dining table.

We ate our breakfast in silence. I have my shift in the diner starting at twelve and finishing at six in the evening.

I got up to wash the dishes and Walden followed me inside the kitchen. "Are you angry with me?" He sighed as he rested his chin on my shoulder and hugged me from behind while I washed the dishes.

"No, I'm not... it's just that I... never mind. I'm just digging too much into it" I said as I dried my hands on the towel.

He turned me around "It's okay. We should just let it go" he leaned his forehead on mine. I just nodded in response. I didn't want to argue with him on a silly little thing.

He gave me a peck on the lips "Take care, love. Oh and I forgot to tell you, I'll get the window fixed tomorrow when I'm home because we both don't have time for it today."

With a final peck on my cheek he went to his office. I studied for a bit to pass the time before going to the diner.

At eleven-thirty I left for the diner. It was just a thirty minute walk. Luckily, it wasn't snowing today. We just had chilly wind blowing.

I sighed in delight when I stepped inside the diner. Snowy's is just a small cozy diner which is perfect for my job. It's at a good walking distance and the owner Erick is a very kind person.

Greeting Erick and my fellow co-workers politely, I got into work mode. Work was going nice until I saw Jack coming inside the diner. Jack is a guy in his mid twenties who visits the diner on a regular basis. He flirts with the female staff here and sometimes he gets inappropriate. I always steer clear out of his way.

Since Erick knew of his advances, he himself went to take his order. God bless his soul.

By the time his order got ready, loads of customers had entered, making the diner crowded. I had to be the one to deliver Jack's meal and I cursed under my breath.

"Here's your order, sir" I told him politely. He looked up from his phone and his eyes widened when he raked his eyes up and down my form which made me uncomfortable as hell.

He quickly put his phone in his pocket "I never saw you here before. Are you new?"

Maybe because I always made sure to steer clear out of your way.

"No, I'm not. I hope you enjoy your meal, sir" I scurried away to serve other customers.

After an hour or so the diner was almost empty expect Jack still hadn't left. What was taking him so much time?