1

The boys all gathered around the lift as it clunked up. A new arrival. They expected a boy but when they saw long dirty-blonde hair they realised they might have something else to deal with.

The girl woke up as the lift stopped, glancing around at all the unfamiliar faces.

"It's.. it's a girl?" Alby stated. The girl watched the guys closely.

"Who are you?" She asked, greenish eyes still checking all the people. She was the only female.

"We're-"

"Better question, where am I? Why don't I remember anything?" She cut off the person who was going to reply.

"Welcome to the glade." A British boy replied. "None of us remembered anything when we arrived." He added. He went to help her out of the lift but she quickly scurried into a corner.

"Don't come near me." She warned. "I don't want any of you to come near me."

"Well we are the only other people here." An Asian boy replied.

"You two seem nice." She pointed at the boys. "Can one of you show me to a place where I can be alone and think?" She asked.

"I can. C'mon, let's get you out of here." The tall Asian boy replied faster than the British one could even register the question.

The girl hesitated before eventually taking his hand to get up. He escorted her through the glade to a quiet place.

He told her that he would check up on her in a while.

He headed back to the rest of the group who were all very confused.

"Minho, what was that?" Newt, the British boy, asked.

"She needs to think. She doesn't even remember her name or anything. I'm gonna check on her in a while." He shrugged it off.

"She is a girl. They've never sent us girls before." Chuck mentioned.

"Look, get back to doing what you're all supposed to be doing. You all got time to think when you got here." Minho mentioned.

The girl, with no name, sat in her quiet place that Minho showed her to. She was trying to remember something.

"Hi I'm Minho, you are?"

"If you don't let go of him I am calling security."

The girl let out a scream as she remembered a girls face. She heard rustling in the leaves. Suddenly the Asian boy, who she now knew as Minho, burst through the trees.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking extremely concerned.

"Minho, I'm scared." She mentioned, looking away from him.

"I think a lot of us are." He replied. He stepped closer to the girl and was surprised when she didn't flinch.

"Why are we here Minho?" She asked, but Minho realised something.

"We don't know, but we gotta go." Minho grabbed her hand and dragged her with him through the forest.

Frypan was making stew at the campfire, so they all could eat.

"Oh, Minho has returned with his little girlfriend." Gally commented with an eye roll.

"Guys, we never told her our names." Minho stated.

"That's because she cut us off!" Newt replied, throwing up his arms.

"She knows my name!" Minho replied.

"How do you know Minho? Did you remember him or something?" Ben asked.

"I remembered him somewhere. He came into a room I was in. It had a couple of beds and he just said what his name was and greeted me. Then I saw someone else telling me to let go of him or they would call security on me." She told them glancing around.

"Why would you be in a room with him?"

"Where was he taken?"

"Why were you holding him?"

"Do you remember anything else?"

"What's your name?"

"Shut up! Stop with the questions!" She yelled, backing up. She accidentally bumped into Minho before turning around and running away.

"God, why does she have to keep distancing herself?" Newt sighed.

"I don't know." Minho sighed.

"Aren't you gonna follow her?" Frypan asked.

"Me?" Minho asked.

"You're the only one she's spoken to. You were extremely willing to show her to a place where she could think, too." Newt replied.

"Shouldn't you guys also try to gain her trust?" Minho asked.

"Minho, just go for her. She remembers holding you and talking to you. Whatever was before this, you were probably close." Alby clarified.

"For all we know she could've been attacking me and that's why they called security?" Minho argued.

"Just go, Minho! You're the fastest of us anyway!" Newt yelled. Minho decided he would run after the girl with no name.

He looked around until he heard crying, which obviously was the unknown girl.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked as he approached her.

"I remember nothing and I think your friends hate me." She replied.

"They don't. Look, they are scared and you are scared. People handle fear differently. The Gladers are very defensive." Minho explained.

"I still don't remember my name. I just know you." The girl sighed.

"We're not gonna judge you for that. C'mon you need to eat. I'll make sure those shucks don't ask you too many questions." Minho promised, hesitantly grabbing the girls hand and dragging her with him.

"I don't want to." She stopped, pulling her arm back.

"Why not?" Minho asked.

"How do I know I can trust you? For all I know you could drag me back there and you'll all kill me."

"We won't. Look, we already know each other somehow. I promise you, I'll keep you safe." Minho reassured her.

"Okay. Let's go." She replied hesitantly.

The two made their was through leaves and bushes, twigs breaking beneath their feet as they took heavy steps. The girl stumbled at one point, almost falling on her face, but Minho was quick to catch her.

The girl blushed at the close contact, her hands on his chest and his arms holding her waist. Minho looked down at her as to ask if she was okay and she nodded, stepping back from him. They then continued back towards the kitchens.