1: Marry her?

**if you notice any mistakes, please point them out.**

— Marrow & Corp building —

"Thank you for meeting me, Mr Kare," Valentino Marrow said in a firm, business voice. Valentino studied the middle-aged man in front of him: he was in his late 40's with wrinkles on his face defining the long, tiresome hours in the office. Tyler Kare had salt-pepper-like hair and piercing blue eyes that would intimidate the strongest, but Valentino wasn't intimidated. You can ask anyone who knew him and they'd say how spine-chilling and unnerving he was. Indeed, Valentino was a tall, muscular man. Women all over London would swoon over just a glance of his beautiful, well-structured face.

"It's my pleasure, Mr Marrow," Tyler replied in the same tone. For a second it seemed as if they were having a staring competition of who is scarier. But Valentino wanted to get right to business and not waste time on childish purposes.

"About the deal, I-" Valentino got interrupted by Tyler's hand rudely in the air indicating him to stop talking. Valentino rose a questioning eyebrow.

"I've already made my decision," Tyler declared with an expressionless face. Valentino took a deep breath in and intertwined his hands together over the wooden desk. He needed to get this contract with Kare Enterprise. Not only would it be a big achievement for his company, but he would be the victor of River Gray's company. He and River have been enemies since he got the position of CEO of Marrow & Corp. from his father, Ethan Marrow. River's company has previously taken important clients from him before and that infuriates him. If River takes this too, he'll definitely lose it. That's why he would do anything to get this contract.

"I have agreed to have the contract with your company," he told him.

Valentino's eyes lit up with delight. He was sure to brag about it the next time he sees that son of a bitch, "Thank y-"

"But," Tyler continued slightly annoyed with the interruption, "with a condition." Valentino was taken aback, he did say he'd do anything to get the deal, and he meant it. However crazy it would be. "I want you to marry my youngest daughter," Tyler told him like it was the most casual thing to say.

"What?" Valentino yelled without thinking.

"I mean only if you want this dealership, Mr Marrow. I can always go to Mr Gra-" Valentino cut Tyler off before he could say his rival's name.

"I'll do it," he declared with no regret in his voice. "But may I ask why?"

Tyler looked at the young man in front of him, taking in his appearance. He was definitely a handsome 29-year-old. He already knew that young women threw themselves at him. He wanted him to marry his daughter so that if anything ever happens to his company in the future, she would secure his safety. But he couldn't tell him that.

"I want you to marry my daughter because she's quite a lonely girl, and I want to make sure that when I die she would be safe," he lied. Tyler could care less about his daughter. At first, he wanted his oldest daughter to marry Valentino since he preferred her more. But she recently informed him that she was dating someone else before telling her about Valentino: Conner Spice. He came from a very rich family; his father is still running the company, but when Connor takes his father's place, his daughter would be the woman of a rich man. So, his younger daughter would do.

Tyler bent down to his brown bag and got out reasonably thick pieces of paper all stapled together and planted them on top of Valentino's desk in front of him.

"This is the contract," he explained and bent down again to get out a thinner pile of paper and placed that too in front of Valentino. "And this is the marriage contract."

Valentino stared at the contract in disbelief. This man is really prepared. It's as if he planned this whole day out, he thought to himself. More interested in the thinned contract, he opened the front page and read to himself:

Section 1: Both parties must share a house.

Section 2: The couple will accompany each other to social functions and display actions of a married couple.

Section 3: If one of the parties cheats on the other, the party may declare a divorce and own 75% of the accused party's company (Marrow & Corp. or Kare Enterprise.)

Valentino couldn't believe what he just read. Not only did this contract ask him to throw away his life with other women, but also risk everything he and his forefather's built. He was about to marry a woman he doesn't love. Not that he believed in love, but Valentino wanted to choose the woman he would have a family with. A woman so beautiful, that men around him would burn with envy; a woman who was smart enough that he could discuss business affairs with; a woman who would be able to comfort him and relax him after a long day at work. Not a woman he doesn't even know the name of.

"I've already signed the business contract. After you sign it, we will be business cooperates," Tyler commanded Valentino who was in his daydreams. It took Valentino a second to snap out of his thoughts and instead the man ahead of. This will be good he said it himself, this contract will make me higher in the business charts; higher than River Gray.

Without another thought, Valentino grabbed a pen from his pencil holder and signed the contract. Then, he signed the marriage contract, sealing his fate.

With a 'thank-you-for-your-time' Tyler left Valentino's office and building to his car, and drove off to his home to tell his daughter the news.

A/N Thank you for reading 😆. In the next chapter, I will introduce the 'Youngest Daughter.' And things will get more interesting 👌🏼.

Bye-Bye 👋🏼

Word Count: 1018