8.2

" The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy? "

Albert Einstein

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

8.2 ; MAGIC TRICKS.

EVER SINCE SPENCER WAS a child, he wondered what it was like to have a sibling. Being the only child that he was, he was spoiled, in a way, by his mother. All her attention, when her mind was present that day, and love was his and no one else's.

But he craved friendship, even when he was younger. He used to dream up imaginary brothers and sister to play with and then, when he learned how to read, would immerse himself in stories with heroes and normal families with siblings and pets and a white picket fence. He imagined a life where he had all of those things, more importantly, a big family to call his own.

But, now, with Chris staring daggers at his back every time he turned around, he was starting to reconsider his fantasy. He wondered if Caroline's brother was so intense all the time or if his mood was just the product of stress and worry. If this was his normal temperance, Reid immediately felt guilty for Caroline for having to put up with him all the time. But, Spencer could tell he cared about his sister immensely just by the look on his face, so he decided not to think so harshly of the tank posing as a man until Caroline was safe. Then, all the contributing factors would be eliminated and Reid could form an unbiased opinion.

Caitlin, on the other hand, was no where near as over-bearing as her brother. She was quiet, meek even. She kept to herself and watched the security feed a lot, keeping a watchful eye on her older sister through the monitor. If Reid didn't know any better, he would've said Caitlin was clearly traumatized by the fear of losing her sister, but Caroline would've told him if something had happened in her life.

Wouldn't she?

Suddenly, an overwhelming wave of doubt crashed over him. This was the first time meeting her siblings and one hated him while the other just stared blankly off into space like a war victim—Reid was certainly making the impression he feared he always would've when he met Caroline's family.

A weirdo. A freak. Someone not worthy of her or her beauty.

And yet, even though, deep down, he already knew that fact, the wound still ached like it was fresh, cutting deep down to his soul.

"Tell me about the hostages," Gideon's voice snapped Reid out of his thoughts. The doctor rubbed his eyes with the backs of his hands as Derek pulled up on of the programs Garcia sent him on a nearby computer. He leaned forward and watched over Hotch's shoulder.

1 | 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐄  ⭃  Spencer ReidOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara